Hapalopus sp. Columbia

kwacky

Arachnosquire
I've just ordered two hapalopus sp Col. pumpkin patch (large)

I was hoping for some tips but I appear to have walked in on a fight I can't understand :D

I'll throw them into a tub, feed them and see what happens ;)

Shell

ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker
Staff member

I was hoping for some tips but I appear to have walked in on a fight I can't understand :D

No fight here, a discussion regarding the proper name to call them that's all.

I keep mine with enough substrate to burrow if she chooses (she hasn't until now, and I'm sure it's only because she has a sac that she has now decided to burrow), and stuff to web on. She has tons of webbing in there. As a sling I kept part of her substrate damp, now she has a water dish. Great eaters, can be skittish and fast. Enjoy them.

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

Only advice I can offer is keep them just like you would Holothele and they will thrive.

Thistles

Arachnobroad
Old Timer
Necroing a thread to ask for pics of H. sp. Colombia small spermathecae. That pic from Philth of the H. triseriatus spermatheca was very helpful. Thanks!

ErinM31

Arachnogoddess
Arachnosupporter
I have an Hapalopus sp. Columbia sling and enjoy them very much! :) In my limited experience, all slings are a bit skittish, this one not much more so than my B. smithi sling and much less so than my E. murinus slings. I put extra sphagnum moss in my H. sp. Columbia sling's enclosure as I read that they require more moisture and my sling gradually molds into into a series of chambers and tunnels which it then tents over with webbing. For some more info, check out the Tom's Big Spiders blog entry that made me have to have this species! ;)

EDIT: TOTALLY didn't notice the date before replying... :bag:

:dead: victim of a zombie thread :zombie: