Hadrurus arizonensis pics

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
SaIiLdVaEnR,

You don't want to get babies...they'll never make it to adult. They are just about the most difficult species to raise to adulthood. I have heard of no one who has accomplished this feat.

I get them at local herp stores for about $15US this time of year. They are common in the fall as they are collected in august and september after the monsoons in the SW US. In the US they are the second most common scorpion species available next to Emperors

John
];')

Silver.x

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
re

oh, thanks for the information. I still want some but they're expensive to get where I am because I live in southern Ontario, so they're not so common, :S lol. I heard like $40.00 for one!

Raan_Jodus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
you're lucky then SaIiLdVaEnR, up here the only shop that carries a desert hairy (dont know exactly what kind, its not black , so i'll guess arizoneisis) but as i said in a thread a while ago, they are going for 75$ here for one.

Hell, I'd ask u to get one for me at 40$ and ship it up to me :p hehe

I probably got jipped on my H. Spinifer as well, but i dont really care right now. But I think this is definately the scorp i wanna get next. Maybe i'll grab one after christmas when I get back.

Kugellager

Arachnosupporter
Just to clarify the differences between H.spadix and H.arizonensis.

If the scorp looks like chid's pic it is H.spadix...they are dark all the way to the front of the prosoma(head).

If it looks like crawshayi's pics it is H.arizonensis...these guys have a lighter roughly triangular shaped area in front of the medial eyes on the prosoma.

Once you get the hang of it those two species look totally different. :D

John
];')

Frank

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Raan_Jodus: I sent you a PM like a month ago and you didn't read it yet, go see your PM box, it's about desert hairies.

SaIiLdVaEnR: 40$ CAD is the usual price. Sometimes they are at 35$, but I've never saw them under that price (for adults of course). If you get one, you'll never regreat to have paid that price! Mine died one year after I bought him.. :( Yep, that's the WC reality..

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Kugellager
SaIiLdVaEnR,

You don't want to get babies...they'll never make it to adult. They are just about the most difficult species to raise to adulthood. I have heard of no one who has accomplished this feat.
John
];')
John, I am still working on raising the babies my h. spadix birthed. they have molted several times and are about 1.5 or 2" in length now. there are only two or three left that are alive.
Ed

Kugellager

Arachnosupporter
Hey Ed thanks for the update...was wondering if there were any left.

John
];')

Silver.x

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
re

Yea my friend Robert at Arachnomania said there will maybe be some arizonensis in next week, $40.00 for em then you have to pay shipping.

Raan_Jodus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
well i'll definately be emailing them later on. Gotta wait till im back from xmas tho. No money at present time..hehe

Richard_uk

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thank you Chid!

Many thanks to Chid,
With his help I am finaly the proud owner of one Hadrurus Spadix!!!
It seems to be far more aggressive than Arizonensis and this one produces a huge gob of venom when excited.

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Re: Hadrurus arizonensis

Originally posted by crawshayi
heare are some more pictures sory aobut all thaose post on thsi scorpion ps i have put on thsi furum
geez eiher you got a small hand or thats a big scorp as big as my emporer..so is that thing large for its species is my emp small [thought they were oen of the biggest] or ae you a tiny person? lol