Species Grammostola pulchra

thirtysixwood

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey everyone... I'm just putting up some pics of my G. Pulchra that I've had for over a year and four months. she still has not molted in my care and shows no sign of molting anytime soon. She is suspected of being about 10 years old. She is 6.25 and a half inches, very big and heavy girl.. I put her in this 2.5 gallon about a month ago.. it was suppose to be just for transport, but she really likes it a lot... she even climbs to an opening in the top and takes a cat nap for a while.
anyway without further ado...
View attachment 69784

View attachment 69785

View attachment 69786

View attachment 69787

Last edited:

arachnidgirl

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You did a wonderful job on that tank set up. Now I should work on my own :eek:
Beautiful T by the way :clap:

Marce

Arachnopeon
Hey,

Love your spider too.

But imo the tank isnt perfect... no hiding places and not enough substrate..

thirtysixwood

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
of course the tank is not perfect, like I said it was only suppose to be a transport tank, because her other home is way too big to put in the car... I thought about the substrate, but the thing is, she really likes it, even when I put her in, she didnt do any crazy wall climbs or seemed stressed, or even wanted out... The room she is in stays pretty dark, nobody but me goes in there. I am a believer that they dont really like the glass. nearly all sides of the tank are covered... I tryed to take picks from all sides... if you look down on it from the top, you can only see maybe, and thats maybe a little bit of her legs and the water dish... She is fully covered, and there is more than enough room for her to move around, as if she was in a hole somewhere... She doesnt dig, she has not moved any substrate that has been in any of her other homes... and believe me, she has had some nice homes... her last was a 50 gallon, with a tree, with a hideaway, a house was also in there with a hidaway, all kinds of good stuff, $250 worth. she simply doesnt expect much... even when she kills her prey she is almost careless about it, she just scoops it up like it was trying to hold it. I cannot stress this enough that she is very very well taken care of, and loves being where she is... I was very shocked myself that she took to it so well, believe me, if she didnt like it, she would not be in there... simply put... Thank you all so very much for your responses.. You guys will never know what it means for someone to post a comment for me..
thanks...

tamjam69

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
We have just moved our Betty Boo, to her new enclosure. she loves that too, they love having a wander. Yours is beautiful :worship: , ours has not eaten for a while and we think she is pre molt. They deserve a nice enclosure just for being so cute.

Attachments

tamjam69

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
We have just moved our Betty Boo, to her new enclosure. she loves that too, they love having a wander. Yours is beautiful :worship: , ours has not eaten for a while and we think she is pre molt. They deserve a nice enclosure just for being so cute.
sorry the top pic is my little girl with our little Rosie.;)

rockthis68

Arachnopeon
G.Pulchra Love

Love the set up and A beautiful Spider you have their will have to get one of those soon

John

1.4.0 Grammostola Rosea Chllian Rose
0.0.2 Avicularia Versicolor Antilles Pinktoe
0.0.1 Brachypelma Smithi Mexican Redknee
0.0.4 Acanthoscurria Geniculata Giant Whiteknee
0.0.1 Brachypelma Sabulosum Guatamalan Red Rump
0.1.2 Chromatopelma Cyanopubescens Green Bottle Blue
2.3.0 Aphonopelma sp. New River Rust Rump
0.0.3 Nhandu vulpinus- Brazilian Giant Blonde
0.0.20 Cyclosternum fasciatum- Costa Rican Tiger Rump
1.0.0 Grammostola aureostriatum- Chaco Golden Stripe

thirtysixwood

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That looks very nice,,, it also looks like real plants... I have my female Chromatus in a tank similar to that, but not as good looking as yours.... I just fixed up my M. Mesomelas' up today with some new homes... I will post those soon... again thanks a lot guys for your comments

†-MarK-†

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Here is my girl G.pulchra . unfortunately she is missing a leg but she is still nice :)

She is a cool webber too . I hope she will molt soon.

Last edited:

crpy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
man o man o man, this is my favorite spp.

ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!

HaploFool

No longer a pet hole
Arachnosupporter
ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL! I am so going to get some of these!

crpy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I think that pic with the webbing should be titled;

Lunar Arachnid in Midnight Blue

von_z

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Beautiful T! That is one of the very few NW terrestrials I am interested in.

sublimeskunk37

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Wow. Just a beautiful tarantula. This is my favourite species of tarantula and you've reminded me why.