Species Grammostola grossa

Zhaoermia118

Arachnopeon
Interesting, but doesn't the spider in the pic he posted look exactly like the pic of the G. grossa in your post?! :?

Ruben Olsen said:
Hey

I would say that its's a Acanthoscurria Musculosa. It dossen't look anything near Grammostola spp.

Grammostola Grossa

Cheers
Ruben Olsen

Ruben Olsen

Arachnopeon
?

Hi

The first picture I posted was Acanthoscurria Musculosa becourse I think the one at the start is Acanthoscurria.

The second picture is Grammostola Grossa.

Ruben

Cpt.nemO

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Zhaoermia118 said:
ok........

I think its a vitalius velutinus.

I already new it wasn't a grammostola sp. months ago.

But thanks for the info ;)

ta ta ..

Greg Wolfe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Since my G.G. gal ate her last boyfriend I managed to get another young male for her. Hope he hooks out soon. Mellow and serene this guy is, I like him. :)

pitbulllady

Arachnoking
Old Timer
He is a handsome fellow, sure enough! Since you're one of the few people who've actually had an adult of this species, how about telling me of your experience with them, in terms of size and personality(I know you said the male was mellow and serene). Are they are large as some claims have them to be? I'm really on the lookout for an adult or sub-adult female of this and G. ihengi. I really like the Grammostola genus in general.

pitbulllady

Greg Wolfe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Grammies...

Hey Pitbull,
You know, these (G. grossa) used to be plentiful a few years back but I don't see them too much anymore. With some persistance perhaps I can get some slings with this new male.
G. Grossa's are for the most part laid back, may stick their butts up with spinnerets pointed out now and then but I never had a grossa get nasty with me. I like their "mirror patch". These are construction experts! Moving water dishes around or over, pushing peat into piles. Comical if you ask me. {D
Here is his date. This is the one that munched her old boyfriend, chewed off one of her legs then shed. :mad: Better luck this time... :p

BGBYTOY

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Those are great looking specimens!!

If you end up with slings, please put me on your maybe list... I have a few Grammy's and really enjoy them...

pitbulllady

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Problem is, I have trouble getting food for 'slings, especially of the slow-growing species. I don't breed roaches or crickets, and have no way to really keep them(especially crickets, the little evil six-legged demons) at this point, so having a ready food supply for a tiny little spiderling is problematic. I can get adult crickets in almost unlimited supply, thanks to there being bait shops on just about every corner. I'm sure that they would order pinheads from their wholesale distributors, but I'd most likely have to put in an order for several thousand at a time, and then again, would have nowhere to keep them alive. It's convenient just to be able to go to the corner store and get just as many crickets as I need to feed my T's and my Beardie, like stopping by the supermarket on the way home to pick up something for dinner. That way, I don't have to worry about feeding the crickets-or SMELLING them.

pitbulllady

BGBYTOY

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
pitbulllady said:
Problem is, I have trouble getting food for 'slings, especially of the slow-growing species. I don't breed roaches or crickets, and have no way to really keep them(especially crickets, the little evil six-legged demons) at this point, so having a ready food supply for a tiny little spiderling is problematic. I can get adult crickets in almost unlimited supply, thanks to there being bait shops on just about every corner. I'm sure that they would order pinheads from their wholesale distributors, but I'd most likely have to put in an order for several thousand at a time, and then again, would have nowhere to keep them alive. It's convenient just to be able to go to the corner store and get just as many crickets as I need to feed my T's and my Beardie, like stopping by the supermarket on the way home to pick up something for dinner. That way, I don't have to worry about feeding the crickets-or SMELLING them.

pitbulllady
You don't "Have" to feed the whole Cricket,, Mine like the larger Cricket's legs just like a Pinhead. I feed both.. Get a Sling, Then pinch a leg just before you let your Beardie have the reast...

Greg Wolfe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Feeding little slings...

I know what you mean. Finding pinheads can be a pain. I did find a store that will sell me tiny crix. You can feed cricket legs or chopped up crix to little slings, as mentioned above. I have even chopped up mealworms for them too. Gross but it works. {D

Bearskin10

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Good luck on breeding them when he matures, I to have a female and am waiting on my friends male to mature (hopefully next year). My girl is a monster when it comes to food so a little tap on her abdomen before grabbing her out is always needed so I am not mistaken for prey, after the tap she is very calm and docile... Greg

christin

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Finally got a picture of this girl, I've had her for more than a month now. She's a beast, attacks anything that enters her cage. Quickly becoming one of my faves :) Edit: oopsie, I guess I could have posted this in a genius thread.

Last edited:

pinkzebra

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
She's beautiful! Mine is quite aggressive, scares the beejesus out of me with her attacks of forceps, water, food items etc. :D

Very cool Ts.

Jen

TarantulaLV

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Finally got a picture of this girl, I've had her for more than a month now. She's a beast, attacks anything that enters her cage. Quickly becoming one of my faves :) Edit: oopsie, I guess I could have posted this in a genius thread.
What is it? Please do not tell me a rose hair? :confused:

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
There must be some flash lighting issues going on if that is indeed a G. Rosea.:?