Species Grammostola grossa

BlkCat

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I would keep that gecko as a pet. Besides be careful when u offer lizards. They can eat ur T.

Cpt.nemO

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
that gecko is so common here in sao paulo. Like if I wanted to i could capture 20 + per night. Whenever i offer it to the T i will have to make him very dizzy before (you all know how). + it won't react because i tested it before however the T wasn;t as hungry as i expected. I other doubt would be: which is the most effective way to eliminate odor and contamination risks after the T has eaten a pinkie / mouse.

BlkCat

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What kind of gecko is it? Careful about WC food. U know mites and all....

cichlidsman

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Cpt.nemO said:
that gecko is so common here in sao paulo. Like if I wanted to i could capture 20 + per night. Whenever i offer it to the T i will have to make him very dizzy before (you all know how). + it won't react because i tested it before however the T wasn;t as hungry as i expected. I other doubt would be: which is the most effective way to eliminate odor and contamination risks after the T has eaten a pinkie / mouse.
If they are so common, why did you mistake it for a anole?

BlkCat

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Are anoles only found in Noth American and Carribean?

Cpt.nemO

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
because i didn;t know what the word anole meant until yesterdAY. If you had read the whole thread you would know that.

gustavowright

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
{D Yes, The green anole is only found in North America, and some other species in carribean islands also.In south america might have a few species in the wild but, their not ordinary lizards here....actually seldon seen around here...therefore, must be unknown for someone rookie into exotics...

Cpt.nemO

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
you generalize it too much, I love tarantulas but i donçt like and donçt have any interest in lizards. That doesn´t make me a rookie in exotics. Not everyone have to know everything about exotics. In my case i probably know more about Ts than you.

Anyways whats the most efficiente way to eliminate the odor from a fed pinkie from the tank and any risks of contamination ??

Rob1985

This user has no status.
Old Timer
IT look like a Brown and gold version of the seemani!!! :wall:

Adnan

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I think its an Acanthoscurria sp... I've said it before in another thread :)

gustavowright

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
:cool: Alright man...I just said that coz green anoles are pretty common among herps enthusiasts as well as invert. fans.....btw, u wrong..u know for sure much more.Seeya buddy

shogun804

Arachnogeneral
Old Timer
Cpt.nemO said:
In my case i probably know more about Ts than you.
why does it always come down to some corny/stupid comment like that?? :rolleyes:

PapaRoacher

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Rob1985 said:
IT look like a Brown and gold version of the seemani!!! :wall:
I aggree that it looks like an Aphonopelma sp., but not a Seemanni...

And, I disaggree with whoever said it looked like an Acanthoscurria sp... Acanthoscurrias have joints on their legs that look like they have bones, plus, their opithosoma have a lighter crecent-shaped coloration on the front, most facing the carapace... The species here displays none of those features... The only Acanthoscurria sp. it could possibley be is A. Fracta :?

Last edited:

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Cpt.nemO said:
my obsession with it is that i kept one unique selenocosmia but in the last 3 - 4 months that i owned her i saw her eat something like once or twice, i was pissed i didn't have the action. Well now i have a T that gives me a lot of action...
Forgive my misunderstanding, but you keep Ts for ACTION? :confused:

Cpt.nemO

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I am pretty sure its a Vitalius vellutinus or A Vitalius Roseus.

Sorry about the comment back there.

Bearskin10

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
MizM said:
LOL Terri, I have quit trying to figure out what this guy is doing :? have you seen his feeding habits, give the T who knows how many crickets and than wonders why it won't eat the lizzard and then spouts off on how much more he knows about T's than this other guy :wall: This is better than the TV :D

Cpt.nemO

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
MizM said:
And for their superb exotic beauty. I like to observe them a lot. Since child i used to collect wolf spiders in my farm house and put em in glass jars. I would always feed them flies and they always ate. So you see its not something that happened in a week. Anyways i got my first T at the start of this year.

Cpt.nemO

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Bearskin10 said:
LOL Terri, I have quit trying to figure out what this guy is doing :? have you seen his feeding habits, give the T who knows how many crickets and than wonders why it won't eat the lizzard and then spouts off on how much more he knows about T's than this other guy :wall: This is better than the TV :D
And you just had to make it even better , now, haven't u ?? AHHAHAUYA UAH AUH AUHA UAH AUHAAUAHUA

Does anyone here feed pinkies or fuzzies to arboreals ??

Last edited:

Adnan

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
PapaRoacher said:
I aggree that it looks like an Aphonopelma sp., but not a Seemanni...
Aphonopelma here in Brazil? :?

PapaRoacher said:
And, I disaggree with whoever said it looked like an Acanthoscurria sp... Acanthoscurrias have joints on their legs that look like they have bones, plus, their opithosoma have a lighter crecent-shaped coloration on the front, most facing the carapace... The species here displays none of those features... The only Acanthoscurria sp. it could possibley be is A. Fracta :?
Maybe a light form of A. fracta? And we have here in Brazil a lot of undescribed species yet...