Good Names for T’s?

sloth

Arachnoknight
Hi! Soooo I have an Idiothele mira and I can’t think of a name for him/her (still unsure of the sex). I also have a Latrodectus hesperus, Latrodectus geometricus, and a Scolopendra polymorpha that need a name too. I have a Neoholothele incei “Gold” named Karat.

Name suggestions are welcome. If you named yours something please tell me. Thanks to everyone in advance :happy:

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Well since you don't know the I. mira's sex, then there's no point in naming it yet until you know for sure. But I would just stick with scientific names for the majority of my collection. When I do name a T. it's because I know their sex or I have interest in them.

Here's a good name for your I. mira: Arim Elehtoidi (Ah-rim E-let-toi-di) I just took the scientific name and put backwards. Your Welcome :troll:

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
I don't know, name them after your favourite TV/anime/movie/comic/book/video game characters or something.

All of mine are named after characters from Mortal Kombat and Marvel Comics.

Although I might just start a balfouri communal and call it the Wu-Fang Clan for the lulz.

Well since you don't know the I. mira's sex, then there's no point in naming it yet until you know for sure.
Or you could just, you know, give it a name that works for either sex ;)

Uial

Arachnosquire
I mostly do Lord of the Rings or funny quirks for names. My G. pulchripes is named Mîm (the last of the Petty-dwarves) cause I confused the legspan for body length when I ordered her, and she was way smaller then I thought. My N. incei is Mrs. Wiggly Butt because she shakes her booty to and fro when she's webbing.

Just pick something that you like about the way the individual looks or acts, and then look it up in the elvish dictionary, chances are there is a word for it =)

The Seraph

Arachnolord
Name them after the leaders of a nation you admire, in successive order. That is what I did.

MintyWood826

Arachnobaron
I just do random things. People names, like Charlie. Food names, like Cheesecake (RIP). Some object, like a CPR mannequin, which lead to the name Resusci Anne. A random word that was used in what I was reading (Echo).

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
You don't have to be super engaged in pop culture to know about Darth Vader.

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My 3-yr-old son named his first ever T (Psalmopeous ecclesiasticus sling) “WERP” .... lol!

Hi! Soooo I have an Idiothele mira and I can’t think of a name for him/her (still unsure of the sex). I also have a Latrodectus hesperus, Latrodectus geometricus, and a Scolopendra polymorpha that need a name too. I have a Neoholothele incei “Gold” named Karat.

Name suggestions are welcome. If you named yours something please tell me. Thanks to everyone in advance :happy:
My advice:
Always name slings girl names - it usually gives me luck in getting them to grow up to be females! Lol

Last edited by a moderator:

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
You don't have to be super engaged in pop culture to know about Darth Vader.
It’s hard for most to believe how little some are engaged. My initial reference was actually from the movie “Tombstone” (1993). Yep, I’m a pop-culture recluse. After the second Star Wars sequel you lose me.

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
It’s hard for most to believe how little some are engaged. My initial reference was actually from the movie “Tombstone” (1993). Yep, I’m a pop-culture recluse. After the second Star Wars sequel you lose me.
Tombstone is my favorite Western (although the show Deadwood is great too.) Excellent taste!