Good/bad about a GBB??

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
Pros: They are colorful, great eaters/webbers.
Cons: You don't have one yet

Shell

ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker
Staff member
Pros: They are colorful, great eaters/webbers.
Cons: You don't have one yet
Agreed 100%

The ony reason I don't have one yet is that I can't find one! I want to raise it from a sling, and none around here that I have found.

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
There are very few cons when considering a GBB. They are fast, but anyone who takes just a bit of care can deal with that. They are easy to care for, excellent eaters and webbers and are a living jewel.
I will agree with the above poster, the only problem with them that you should be concerned about is you don't have one yet.

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
No cons that I can think of, either.

I was going to say they tend to be a little expensive, but even that's not a big deal.

Xian

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Agree with everyone above me!!!! Yes, they are the 'Bee's Knees'! lol:)

edit- con- I only have one.

PrimalTaunt

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Cons - they don't lay 2000 eggs like the L. parahybana so that they're not given away as freebies or are very easy to breed like the P. murinus. Which really isn't a bad thing but it's the only remotely negative thing that I could think of.

Jilly1337

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I <3 my GBB. Everyone needs one. I can't think of anything bad about them.

KJE

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I can think of 2 negatives. First, they flick a lot when disturbed, but that is only a problem if you are allergic to the hairs. Second, they aren't the easiest things to breed. Other than that, they are my favorite species. :)

Shell

ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker
Staff member
Online!

But, even then, they are hard to track down here in Canada. Just ask forrestpengra!
Here's his thread
I can attest to that! I've been trying with no luck :(

DreadLobster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
No cons. They're cool looking, active, decent size, not defensive (might be a tad jumpy, or so I've heard, but mine's pretty mellow). She does kick hairs more than any of my others. But she's really the only hair kicker I have so that's not saying much. They might be a bit expensive but not ridiculously so.

Kirsten

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
A LPS here had/has one about 4 inch LS labeled as a redrump for $49. Skinny butt,long legs;looked to male to me.

Kamikaze

@baboonmanila
Old Timer
I don't see anything bad about the GBB too. They're relatively easy to take care of. Just keep them on the dry side. They're voracious eaters and grow quite fast. However, I think, when it comes to breeding them, they're quite challenging (from what I have read on the web).
I still haven't tried breeding them, but hopefully, will have the chance to do so in the near future. :)

Sky`Scorcher

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Pro's have been mentioned so there you have it. :)

I can't think of any cons though.

I recently bought four slings of GBB's. They're about 2-2.5cm. and already they web like crazy and tackle food. Awesome species to add to any collection. ;)

forrestpengra

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Online!

But, even then, they are hard to track down here in Canada. Just ask forrestpengra!
Here's his thread
Hey... I'm getting a possibly gravid female at the expo at the end of the month. The breeding was done by Tarantula Canada. They were working as an intermediary/delivery assistant, as I purchased it from another AB member in Montreal. It's a 50/50 with TC. Should we end up with slings I will be keeping some to raise to juvie but will definitely sell off some... gotta recoupe some of the money I put down for a MF GBB (wasn't cheap).

If that is the case I will post in the Canadian sub-forum.