Gold and Blond coloured Tarantulas

Deb60

Arachnosquire
I’m looking for Ts that are gold or blond colours , I have a A. Chalcodes male ( his a male so gone very dark ) so looking out for a female when there shipped out to the UK when it’s warmer weather. I’ve also got an
Incei gold ( lovely colour ) but I’ve noticed that a lot are not really as gold or blond as pictures show ie my L . Polyouspulatus ( she’s a lovely girl , my Valentine’s Day gift from my husband , called Val ( the T that is ) but what would you guys say really shows their colours. I’m looking at something good natured , if poss as , allow even my E . Parvulus AF can be a moody one and has given me a threat pose !

Mychajlo

Arachnosquire
Yeah I would defenetly recommend the female A. Chalcodes. But also the Nhandu Tripepii but they aren’t as docile but they are still blonde and light colored, then there’s the Psalmopoeus pulcher but like the N. Tripepii this one is also more defensive so if you want a docile blonde/gold tarantula I would go with a female A. Chalcodes. But there might be more options out there that I’m missing so hopefully someone could mention some

Deb60

Arachnosquire
Yeah I would defenetly recommend the female A. Chalcodes. But also the Nhandu Tripepii but they aren’t as docile but they are still blonde and light colored, then there’s the Psalmopoeus pulcher but like the N. Tripepii this one is also more defensive so if you want a docile blonde/gold tarantula I would go with a female A. Chalcodes. But there might be more options out there that I’m missing so hopefully someone could mention some
Yes differently going to get an A Chalcodes female . They really are blond in colour . I’ve got quite a collection, but tend to keep docile Ts . Thanks for the ideas.

Deb60

Arachnosquire
Check profiles....she's in England, which won't help someone in Virginia.
Oh dear he was only trying to help me with some ideas , must admit I’m gulity of not always looking too . My excuse I’m an old girl of 57

cold blood

Staff member
Oh dear he was only trying to help me with some ideas , must admit I’m gulity of not always looking too . My excuse I’m an old girl of 57
Its not a big deal...just something a lot of people don't think to check...but checking is so easy its a good habit to get into.

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
There are places that have A. moderatum. I posted a link to one, but it was deleted because it was deemed to be an advertisement.

Last edited by a moderator:

cold blood

Staff member
Mod Note:

From the site rules;

Classifieds ads go in the "For Sale/Trade/Want To Buy" forum. If a post has a Dealer/Seller Name, Item and Price, it will be considered a classifieds ad and will be edited/moderated accordingly. Links to classifieds ads are strictly prohibited.

Links to sellers qualify and are not permitted, this is not up for debate!

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
There are places that have A. moderatum. I posted a link to one, but it was deleted because it was deemed to be an advertisement.
Classifieds ads go in the "For Sale/Trade/Want To Buy" forum. If a post has a Dealer/Seller Name, Item and Price, it will be considered a classifieds ad and will be edited/moderated accordingly. Links to classifieds ads are strictly prohibited.
Mod note: This policy doesn't prohibit you from sending private messages with links/recommendations, however.

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Well I was going to say Phormictopus auratus, but then I read that you wanted docile :rolleyes:

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
There are very few species that fall under both categories - tolerant and blonde. You're looking at species in the Aphonopelma genus for the most part. There are a number of species within it, other than chalcodes, that will fit your criteria.
Other than that, my recommendation was going to be a Lasiodorides polycuspulatus, which you already have covered.

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I leave for a few days and this is what happens have you all suddenly turned blonde ( i can make that joke because im blonde) @Deb60 do you own a E parvulus because believe it or not they are Gold/black and red. The gold after a moult looks like gold leaf. That's with and without flash IMG_20170816_013059082.jpg IMG_20170816_013313153.jpg