G. rosea male matured 3 years ago molted last night!

Keeper

Arachnopeon
they don't look that normal to me... :?

Nah, I meant that it looks as though his palps made it through the molting process okay. After he had kicked his old suit off and was still on his back, everything looked okay.

Keeper

Arachnopeon
poor guy, he looks a little skinny in the 1st pair of legs as well. but i guess when i get to be an old man i wont look my prime either. Im glad he is alive though, and he will at least be your buddy for some time longer.

I noticed he looked alot more slender in the legs after the ordeal too, but he moves around just fine and seems to stay stretched and sprawled out more than he used to as well.

He's a grouchy, twitchy little crab but I'm glad he's okay too. :D

Keeper

Arachnopeon
I think he's going to be okay.

He has eaten 2 fat crickets and I've seen him sipping from his water dish. I even caught sight of him preening and grooming yesterday.

He's still a bit of a crabby jerk, and of course his peds are destroyed, but thats okay. I'm glad he's okay. :D

Tapahtyn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
this is how my A. avic looks after his molt!!! Thank goodness I'm not the only one. How ironic we both have had the same thing happen to our mm :) I love my spider :)

Radamanthys

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
He has eaten 2 fat crickets and I've seen him sipping from his water dish. I even caught sight of him preening and grooming yesterday.

He's still a bit of a crabby jerk, and of course his peds are destroyed, but thats okay. I'm glad he's okay. :D
you give him now a eight-lense pair of reading glasses, a smoking pipe, 4 pair of slippers, a copy of war and peace and let the old man be :D

congrats on your brave guy there :clap: