First tarantula

Mr.Extreme

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
um um um

:? hi im jack and my tarantula hasnt been eating and hes been sleepingalot en wen he is on my hand he sleeps is that like a sign that he's gonna molt:?

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
:? hi im jack and my tarantula hasnt been eating and hes been sleepingalot en wen he is on my hand he sleeps is that like a sign that he's gonna molt:?
No, it's a sign that it's a tarantula. Tarantulas remain motionless 90% of the time if they're happy and healthy.

Mr.Extreme

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hi

:confused: my tarantula hasnt been eating is tht a sign that he is going to molt his color looks differnt alittle and his arms looks fatter im not sure hasnt been eatng for 3 days is he dying or getting ready to molt

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
What do you mean he hasn't eaten in three days? I told you before you're only supposed to feed them ONCE A WEEK. That's like panicking because your dog went four minutes without eating.

He's not dying. He's just full.

And their arms don't *get* fatter, unless they've just molted and grown. All stored food goes to the abdomen.

Mr.Extreme

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
mushroom!!

he still havnt eaten yet i i wrote to u like weeks ago is it like getting ready to molt?

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
he still havnt eaten yet i i wrote to u like weeks ago is it like getting ready to molt?
It could be. What species is it, and when was its last molt?
As long as the T has a healthy sized abdomen, don't worry about it not eating.
You probably shouldn't be handling it very much if it has been fasting this long, you might be stressing it out.

-Sean

Mr.Extreme

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
its a rose hair and i dont know i havnt gottong him when he had molted

ok now wat he did hes ona rock tht i have it there and theirs webs around him is tht also a sign of molting

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Several weeks from now.

Really, if you'd just spend ten seconds using the forum search, you'd be able to answer all your questions and we wouldn't have to keep repeating information that's been given out in a hundred previous threads. ;)

Ando55

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Several weeks from now.

Really, if you'd just spend ten seconds using the forum search, you'd be able to answer all your questions and we wouldn't have to keep repeating information that's been given out in a hundred previous threads. ;)
and if you like to have handy basic and specific info on hand, I'm sure I and pretty much everyone suggest getting two essential books for any T keeper. The Tarantula's Keeper Guide by Stanley and Marguerite Schultz and Tarantulas and Other Arachnids by Samuel D. Marshall. I got both of mine cheap at half.com for a combined $18 or so with shipping, they came today! It's another great resource to go with this great forum. :D

Windchaser

Arachnoking
Old Timer
are all rose hair blue?? cuz mines blue and he looks cool
G. rosea are not blue. I suspect that you have some other tarantula that was misslabeled. Where did you get it? Could you post a picture for us so that we might be able to tell you what type you have since I don't believe it is a G. rosea.

Windchaser

Arachnoking
Old Timer
another quick easy question you no when i can strt feeding it again
This has already been answered. Please read the replies to your posts. As mentioned earlier in a couple of weeks. No less than one week for sure.

Mr.Extreme

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
can not find the comment saying when i can strt handling my tarantula again afterh e molts and the pet lady said to pt the sponge in there i see him on the sponge once awhile so still take it out and r u sure should i take it out did u take it out ok im done being a;P nnoying

ogershok

Arachnopeon
To Mr. Extreme: This is not meant to offend you, but to be helpful - if you would spend just a few seconds proofreading your messages and perhaps using a spellchecker you might be taken a bit more seriously and get more replies. Frankly your messages usually read like nonsense.

Mr.Extreme

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
sorry im in a rush srry im a busy person but ill make it more clear today around 4 or 3 my tarantula has molted and i was wondering when can i handle it, plus i read one of my comments about saying take a sponge out of its dish but i was just saying the pet lady said have a sponge in it and she also so has a tarantula