First arboreal enclosure

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
Thank you for sharing! :D Where do you purchase the fake plants from and are they silk or plastic?
Some are plastic, some are fabric. I doubt they're actual silk. Sometimes when I am out of this podunk town I'll shop at a craft supply store like Michaels, AC Moore, Hobby Lobby, and see what they have there. But usually I just order from amazon.

ErinM31

Arachnogoddess
Arachnosupporter
Some are plastic, some are fabric. I doubt they're actual silk. Sometimes when I am out of this podunk town I'll shop at a craft supply store like Michaels, AC Moore, Hobby Lobby, and see what they have there. But usually I just order from amazon.
Thank you for the info! :happy: I'm looking into getting some of these Snapware containers that you recommended, including the big 17.2 cup one for a 3" H. maculata. To me it seems more secure than these specialized arboreal enclosures with huge doors opening in the sides! Plus, those are expensive! :greedy:

What did you use to make the ventilation holes?

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
Thank you for the info! :happy: I'm looking into getting some of these Snapware containers that you recommended, including the big 17.2 cup one for a 3" H. maculata. To me it seems more secure than these specialized arboreal enclosures with huge doors opening in the sides! Plus, those are expensive! :greedy:

What did you use to make the ventilation holes?
Variable temp soldering iron I got off amazon for $13.99. I use the low temperature for thin plastic and crank it up to high for thick plastics.

ErinM31

Arachnogoddess
Arachnosupporter
Substrate would be useful.

I don't like gluing anything in there for my Avics. It will be a pain in the rear to clean.
Would that go for cork tile/wood backgrounds as well? Or is your recommendation against anything that could get in the way of cleaning (a branch, for instance)? Thank you! :embarrassed:

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
View attachment 254154
I am going to take your advice and not glue anything. I will use substrate footing to secure the plant and cork bark. (I am waiting for cork bark and new T's to arrive next week.)
Good choice, I've never glued anything, pain to remove, especially if you plan on reusing the enclosure.
Try using a TyeWrap laced through the cork and vent holes. See posted photo. Secured with TyeWrap.jpg
Cheap, easily removed and readily available at a DIY center.