Female P. Metallica pricing

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
No spider is ever too much if youre passionate about the hobby, especially if you want that particular sp. To say "you cant afford it", or simply "not interested" would make alot more sense. It really bothers me to hear people say "No spider is worth blah blah"...Like if the Ts are the ones pricing themselves.

If you really want something, save up for it..Straight up..
ya know what i did some further thinkin on the subject and my opinion has changed... i mean, i killed about 150 easy LAST nite goin out with my brother lol....:barf:...... anyway... i guess theres alot of DUMB ways to spend money.. may as well get somethin back ( besides a hangover)

LV-426

Arachnobaron
That's why there is a reviews section.:wall::wall: I've bought close to a hundred T's from people on these boards and have only had a problem once and I helped(along w/ many others and this site) eradicate that piece of scum from our hobby. So, in the end it was all worth it. Go right ahead and keep forming opinions w/o any experience to support it and you'll miss out on a lot.
the funny thing is i most likely gotten way better deals than you ever had, such as E murinus females for $18, female stoutleg baboon for $10, etc i have my sources (and thats with no shipping)

satanslilhelper

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
the funny thing is i most likely gotten way better deals than you ever had, such as E murinus females for $18, female stoutleg baboon for $10, etc i have my sources (and thats with no shipping)
I hit a nerve didn't I? It's o.k. your young and will realize the error of your ways eventually. No. I don't know how old you are, but considering your retort to my previous reply is ;P;P;P I get better deals than you do.;P I feel I'm pretty accurate on my assessment of you. If I'm wrong I'll be the first to admit it. I was simply trying to express to you that your assumptions might be well off base. I am not here to berate people that are as excited about this hobby as I am. I will however point out someone who is making statements and suggesting that the majority of people on these boards are here to rip you off and take your money. There are bad apples. No doubt, but they are few and far between. There is a review section and an inquiry section to help deal with situations like these. If you use them like I and many others have you won't have a problem. If you do there are ways to resolve the situation like using paypal and if a problem arises you use them to get your money back. It might be a slight hassle, but if you take care of yourself it won't result in a loss on your part. Only a loss on the sellers reputation.

Bumblingbear

Arachnopeon
I hit a nerve didn't I? It's o.k. your young and will realize the error of your ways eventually. No. I don't know how old you are, but considering your retort to my previous reply is ;P;P;P I get better deals than you do.;P I feel I'm pretty accurate on my assessment of you. If I'm wrong I'll be the first to admit it. I was simply trying to express to you that your assumptions might be well off base. I am not here to berate people that are as excited about this hobby as I am. I will however point out someone who is making statements and suggesting that the majority of people on these boards are here to rip you off and take your money. There are bad apples. No doubt, but they are few and far between. There is a review section and an inquiry section to help deal with situations like these. If you use them like I and many others have you won't have a problem. If you do there are ways to resolve the situation like using paypal and if a problem arises you use them to get your money back. It might be a slight hassle, but if you take care of yourself it won't result in a loss on your part. Only a loss on the sellers reputation.
I wish there was a like button for this comment lol.

ya know what i did some further thinkin on the subject and my opinion has changed... i mean, i killed about 150 easy LAST nite goin out with my brother lol....:barf:...... anyway... i guess theres alot of DUMB ways to spend money.. may as well get somethin back ( besides a hangover)
Indeed. I've spent more at the strip club with my x wife than I EVER have or ever will on any spider.

It kind of makes you think.

Everyone has their own priorities. I will never pay more than a few grand for a vehicle, and some people have vehicles that are worth over 40k... so to each his own.

Unravel

Arachnosquire
Honestly though if you compare the reptile hobby and prices for some individuals its not exactly that outrageous that an adult female pmetallica is 400-500 when you have people dumping 2k-3k on certain snakes etc. It's all relative anyway, i used to be in the biking hobby and a decent bike would run 2-4k, with other gear easily running into 200-300 per piece. All relative.

Jason31

Arachnopeon
thanks for all the replies and i think i am going to take my chances with one or two spiderlings instead of a sexed female.

IbnkalbsArachnids

Arachnopeon
hmmm

My M. balfouri sling was priced at $300.

I won't pay more than 150 for a P. metallica, though. I personally don't think they are all that rare and are just a fad spider.

I paid a little over 100 for my A. diversipes sling. ::shrug::

You get what you pay for. The rarer or more popular spiders are going to cost more.

If you're an adult and have a job, it's still well within the realms of reason.

A ferret costs 150.

Other hobbies are MUCH more expensive. Shoot, I've got a sword that is worth 2k and a rifle that is worth 4k. Compared to that, 100 bucks is chump change.
Wow I only paid 50.00 for my Ybyrapora diversipes sling. And I just got 2 P.Metallica's slings for 75.00 each.

ThorsCarapace22

Arachnosquire
Oh yeah Hobby's can get expensive. I'm a blacksmith and anvils can run 8 or 9 dollars a pound. A good blower is around 250 with a leg vise being 250 if your lucky. It's all about how much you love it : ) I paid 150 for my female stirmi, my uncle said he wouldn't give 5$ for it : D

cold blood

Staff member
Wow I only paid 50.00 for my Ybyrapora diversipes sling. And I just got 2 P.Metallica's slings for 75.00 each.
Both the spidershop and spireworldeu have slings £20-25, buy 4-5 and wait imo
Oh yeah Hobby's can get expensive. I'm a blacksmith and anvils can run 8 or 9 dollars a pound. A good blower is around 250 with a leg vise being 250 if your lucky. It's all about how much you love it : ) I paid 150 for my female stirmi, my uncle said he wouldn't give 5$ for it : D

C'mon guys...pay attention to dates...y'all are replying to an 8 YEAR OLD THREAD....pricing from 8 yrs ago has little bearing on todays market.