Female P. Metallica pricing

Jason31

Arachnopeon
Hello I am new to this board, but I have plenty of experience with tarantulas though. I had a question about female P. Metallica pricing thought. I am look at a 2-2.5 inch female.
Thanks

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
yea... a bit pricey.. you could get 2 " UNSEXED" P. metallica slings and save 100 bucks. ive seen slings for 159 or 180ish...... depends on how comfortable you are gambling

LV-426

Arachnobaron
at the herp shop i go too they said i could get a sling for $300 i believe, i told him thats almost my rent for the month. no P metallica is worth it IMO

RoseT

Arachnosquire
They are worth it if you can afford it ;). 400 seems about right for a 2 inch female. I happen to score a female on my first purchase.

LV-426

Arachnobaron
come on $400, the most i paid for a T was $200 for a 5in female L violaceopes (including shipping). different strokes for different folks i guess

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Lol! I've seen a female 6 in L. violaceopes go for only $100.

I got my P. metallica sling for only $120, so it all depends on how hard you're willing to look.

I'd say just get a pair of slings.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
come on $400, the most i paid for a T was $200 for a 5in female L violaceopes (including shipping). different strokes for different folks i guess
im with you... 400 is REDICULOUS:embarrassed:. that spider better be able to get ya to work or come with a tank big enough for the both of ya to sleep in . no spider is worth 400 TO ME lol... ur right LV-426.. different strokes... and im also gonna side with kori as well... always deals out there if youre willin to hunt for em.. call me cheap{D

LV-426

Arachnobaron
its true, you gotta find the deals. my thing is i really dont trust buying off these boards. no offense to anyone who sells on here, but i would rather pay a bit more from a reputable dealer online instead, i think you have a hiigher chance of getting ripped off on the boards. just my opinion ( i have never gotten anything off someone on the boards)

Bumblingbear

Arachnopeon
hmmm

My M. balfouri sling was priced at $300.

I won't pay more than 150 for a P. metallica, though. I personally don't think they are all that rare and are just a fad spider.

I paid a little over 100 for my A. diversipes sling. ::shrug::

You get what you pay for. The rarer or more popular spiders are going to cost more.

If you're an adult and have a job, it's still well within the realms of reason.

A ferret costs 150.

Other hobbies are MUCH more expensive. Shoot, I've got a sword that is worth 2k and a rifle that is worth 4k. Compared to that, 100 bucks is chump change.

astraldisaster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It's all well and good to say $400+ is ridiculous, but that's usually the going price for a female. Sure, you can sometimes find rare deals -- or, maybe you know someone personally that can sell you one cheaper. I just know that I've browsed a lot of online dealer sites and classifieds, and it's not common to see one go for less than that. Is $400 for a spider ridiculous? Yeah, probably. But obviously, to a lot of people (who can afford it) it's worth it.

Cuddly Cobalt

Arachnosquire
Wow! You could have snatched that up, sold it the next day and made a profit.

Don't you hate it when you don't have the cash for a great deal that comes up like that?
You see, i am 14 and 250$ is almost unheard of for me :D I probably would have kept it if i bought it

satanslilhelper

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
its true, you gotta find the deals. my thing is i really dont trust buying off these boards. no offense to anyone who sells on here, but i would rather pay a bit more from a reputable dealer online instead, i think you have a hiigher chance of getting ripped off on the boards. just my opinion ( i have never gotten anything off someone on the boards)
That's why there is a reviews section.:wall::wall: I've bought close to a hundred T's from people on these boards and have only had a problem once and I helped(along w/ many others and this site) eradicate that piece of scum from our hobby. So, in the end it was all worth it. Go right ahead and keep forming opinions w/o any experience to support it and you'll miss out on a lot.

matthias

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
As soon as more than two people can breed them in the US the price will drop. Until then we are all stuck. But if you think $400 is expensive for a female, you should see how much males are going for. Last I saw a male it was immature and $250.

IMHO if you think $400 is high you haven't seen them (or tried to breed them) Because
is the most beautiful thing in the world (well next to my wife) and this:
is one of the worst.

Unravel

Arachnosquire
i got lucky and got my 2.5-3 female for $150 hah. Im looking at buyin a 6 yr old adult locally for $400 but maybe not :/

RoseT

Arachnosquire
No spider is ever too much if youre passionate about the hobby, especially if you want that particular sp. To say "you cant afford it", or simply "not interested" would make alot more sense. It really bothers me to hear people say "No spider is worth blah blah"...Like if the Ts are the ones pricing themselves.

If you really want something, save up for it..Straight up..