Favourite species?

murinuz

Arachnopeon
favorite T...

My favorite was Cyclosternum fasciatum, but now it is Pterinochilus murinus;P
Im wondered if this spider will be my favorite, when my spiderlings become mature :?

MindUtopia

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Kid Dragon said:
I thought keeping Ts in NYC was illegal. Did the laws change? :confused:
Nope, it's still illegal. As you can tell I don't much care. If it's legal to have a pitbull, it's silly that I can't keep tarantulas. I tend to disregard laws that I think are ridiculous. Just don't tell animal control on me. ;)

Karen

Kid Dragon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
MindUtopia said:
Nope, it's still illegal. As you can tell I don't much care. If it's legal to have a pitbull, it's silly that I can't keep tarantulas. I tend to disregard laws that I think are ridiculous. Just don't tell animal control on me. ;)

Karen
I couldn't agree more. Ts are THE PERFECT PET for someone living in an apartment in NYC. I jay walk. If you don't tell on me, I won't tell on you! ;)

E- Spiderworld

Arachnopeon
I personally am into Ceratogyrus.
I would like to claim something a bit more scientific, but it's the horns.
It's the horns.

Last edited:

MRL

Arachnolord
Old Timer
of my collection my favorite is either the M. Robustum or B. Smithi and a lot has to do with their size otherwise P. Metallica would be it for me

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I don't think I could pick, but if I had to it would have to be my first T and the one that got me interested in T's in general. Grammostola rosea. I just adore my baby and she is so sweet.

smof

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Having only had experience with 4 species of tarantula, and 3 of them still being very small, I can't really say for sure. But if I were given the option of adding to my collection another T of a species I already have, I'd take another G. aureostriata. The one I have is beautiful, entertaining, a puppy when it comes to being handled, and causes me the least stress of all my Ts. I heart Chacos :D

stubby8th

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You have no idea how many times I've read and re-read all of your posts in contemplating an answer to this 'simple question. I guess I have to revert to elementary school and ask myself " if I was stranded on a desert island and could only have one T".
It would be a toss-up between my A. versicolor and my B. emilia. They are both so beautiful and gentle. Then I go back to my big L. parahybana . . .
Tough, tough, tough.

stonemantis

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I personally enjoy keeping:

Avicularia purpurea
Avicularia versicolor
Acanthoscurria geniculata
Brachypelma auratum
Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens
Citharischius crawshayi
Ephebopus cyanognathus
Lasiodora parahybana
Megaphobema mesomeles
Megaphobema robustum
Nhandu vulpinus
Poecilotheria formosa
Poecilotheria metallica
Poecilotheria pederseni
Poecilotheria regalis
Poecilotheria subfusca
Psalmopoeus cambridgei
Psalmopoeus irminia
Psalmopoeus reduncas
Pterinochilus lugardi
Pterinochilus murinus
Selenocosmia peerboomi
Xenesthis immanis

just to name a few of my favorites

rwfoss

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Tough question...I love all of my T's for different reasons (color, temperment, etc.).

I think I will be one board with the "hobby classic"...my B. smithi, Agatha!

Rick

LukeC

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
So far my fave T is my chilen Rose, cause she was my first T:eek: .

jw73

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My favorite specie is G. pulchra. My female is very mellow, slow, predictable and never refuse to eat.
She is always outside her hide so I can stare at her constantly.

GAD

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I only have one T right now buuut out of the ones I have seen and researched I still love my OBT....NEVER STOPS EATING!!!

snoflax

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
At the moment our A.versi, I watched her molt a few days ago and it was amazing, she was done in less than half and hour and now she is the most beautiful shade of blue.

i-zombie

Arachnopeon
Right now, Acanthoscurria geniculata. Always out in open, and will eat anything...at any time. I love the white bands on black as well. I'd say a close second would be Phormictopus cancerides. I think it's one of the most under appreciated species in the hobby.