Favourite species?

fyrburn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Not really a question as to "which is the best" as everyone has their own opinion.

I'm just curious for personal perspectives, as a way to start a conversation, as such.

What's YOUR favourite T and why?

Mine, personally, has to be B. Smithi. The colours are striking, the one I have is very timid and gentle, and it eats loads :D

Dave C

Arachnopeon
I have to agree, redknee's are great but i have a soft spot for my P.regalis
as its never shown me any aggressiveness.

Kid Dragon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Avicularia versicolor is my favorite species. To me arboreals are more interesting to watch than burrowers/terrestrials. The combination of interesting webbings, aggressive feeding, handling ability, mild venom, coloration, and visability make this a very popular species.

My favorite individual T is my G. rosea, we have history together.

xBurntBytheSunx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
of the ones i have now my curly hair and p. lugardi are definate favorites...although when my salmon pink and king baboon reach maturity things may change :D

GailC

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My favorite as far as color is concerned is my GBB but my all time favorite is my G.aureostriata because its so gentle.

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
when it comes to color, it's all the classics (GBB, P. Metallica, A. Versicolor), but my top three would be A. Purpurea, S. Hoffmanni, and P. Irmina, in no particular order.

Last edited:

subic_spiderworld

Arachnopeon
for slings, my favorite is my GBB, never hides, eats all the time and grows fast

for adults, my C. huahinis' , they are always out, does a lot of nice webs and good eaters. The A.geniculata and T.blondi comes in close 2nd

The Juice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
P.Murinus(Usambara) & Green Bottle Blue because they are pretty,easy to care for & good appetites.

stooka

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
personally my fave as a species is prob pokies,my little metallica is real lively good feeder and looks awesome wen older.but in my collection i have a soft spot for my ad fem smithi and my L.parahybana.

mybabyhasfangs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Mine would be my A. versicolor slings and my B. smithi. avics and brachys are my favorite and all of my T's are avics or brachys. They have great colors and great attitudes. I only have a few poopers...LOL. Great thread!

Chris

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
I find that impossible to answer. I like all my species for one reason or the other and in the end they almost weigh the same in my oppinion. Somehow I find them all equally amazing.

evilarachnid

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I would have to say my favorite, would be my M.Mesomelas and B.Vagan. There are still some more that are as well but I like them all.:}

Steffen

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ephebopus spp.
Cyriopagopus spp.

...and possibly other longlegged species. :cool: and of course Poecilotheria sp. "Tigris" and Poecilotheria subfusca, for the colors. ;)

Stefan-V

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The T' I would regret the most not having must be my my juvi A. seemani, since she is the first sling I raised from when she was tiny.

Stefan-V

kennfreeloader

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
fav

My versicolor and GBB slings for their lovely colors, the fact that they don't hide much and for their enormous appetite. my 6" T blondi for her insatiable appetite(such a joy to feed her), the way she immediately snaps up crickets that i drop into her tank and stuffs as many as she can into her mouth, love the crunching and munching sounds, and her size ofcourse!