Ethel Webster's Jumping Spiders

basin79

ArachnoGod
Thank you so much! The slings are slowly helping me get over my fear of the bigger ones. The slings don't really bother me. I held that little girl the other day.
So you're actually afraid of adult jumpers?

Ethel Webster

Arachnosquire
So you're actually afraid of adult jumpers?
Yes, I am! I think I'm more scared that they'll get away and I'll lose them. I'm getting better. My plan is to keep this sling (or 2) and as I won't notice them growing, by the time they are adults I'll still be OK holding them. I saw the size of Buster's fangs earlier!

I fell in love with the females. My first girl, Ethel Webster, died shortly before her slings left the nest. She was wild caught and was in the shop 3 months before I bought her. A few days later she laid a fertile clutch. I feel honoured that she waited until she was with me to lay, and owe it to her to do the best job I possibly can with her babies. I'm thoroughly enjoying caring for them all and often spend far too long watching them!

Last edited:

ShyDragoness

Arachnobaron
I really hope to get a couple of these guys one day :embarrassed: Its strange my mum lets me keep tarantulas in her house but draws the line at jumping spiders(Ill get one anyway she probably wont notice :angelic:).
Shes a stunner!

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Those are fantastic! I wish my kids were that cooperative when it comes to taking Christmas pictures!