Escaped spider!

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Yes, there's the chance that the cat can end bitten, but there's 99.99% of chances that the spider can end mauled with literally only one blow delivered by the cat's paw.

No, what you read was/is only huge sensationalism, things of Tabloid/s and or cheap sites. Think. Which spider? Not definitely a G.rosea, or for that matter, other 'grammos'.

Granted, if the spider on the loose would had been a Stromatopelma calceatum best action for remain safe would to not let in your Grandson, but that's not the case :)
I’d like Stromatopelma calceatum someday it’s so cool looking. But definitely not something to play around with and let escape. Would strong T venom even kill a cat? Odds are it could outrun or stay still and not be noticed by cat.

MintyWood826

Arachnobaron
Odds are it could outrun or stay still and not be noticed by cat.
Maybe. They have fast paws though! If a cat was determined to attack the spider and the spider didn't instantly run, it would turn out badly. It is possible for cats to not kill/injure spiders, as I found mine meowing at one on the wall once. It was on the wall though not the floor.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Would strong T venom even kill a cat?
No one can give to you a 101% certain answer on this question because, like for us (even if the context is completely different), a lot depends about said hypothethical cat health status, his/her age etc

Anyway, OW's T's or not, as I've said many times, cats are the ultimate home pets Ninja/s :)

MintyWood826

Arachnobaron
as I've said many times, cats are the ultimate home pets Ninja/s :)
Yes. But less scary than dogs.

At least there is a less chance for cats to come into contact with an escaped tarantula since they sleep so much more than dogs.

Last edited:

AngelDeVille

Fuk Da Meme Police
Thanks so much everyone for your kind words and replies...
I spent all day looking...sat down and she walks across the room bold as brass!!!
I think she was under the tv...didn`t even know there was a gap until now...
Yay she is safe! Bet she`ll be stressed for a while though she came onto my hand ok..
Thanks again everyone...now to make this viv much more secure! :)
Now we just need to get the 27 year old pest out of the house.

Torech Ungol

Arachnosquire
Thanks so much everyone for your kind words and replies...
I spent all day looking...sat down and she walks across the room bold as brass!!!
I think she was under the tv...didn`t even know there was a gap until now...
Yay she is safe! Bet she`ll be stressed for a while though she came onto my hand ok..
Thanks again everyone...now to make this viv much more secure! :)
Likely just looking for her enclosure. "Crap, where *was* that place that was free of predators and had that free food delivery service?"

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
No one can give to you a 101% certain answer on this question because, like for us (even if the context is completely different), a lot depends about said hypothethical cat health status, his/her age etc

Anyway, OW's T's or not, as I've said many times, cats are the ultimate home pets Ninja/s :)
cats have like a 6th sense I miss ours , my mom refused to buy new kittens :drowning:. They can sense prey items , or sometimes people say they sense spirits. Haha
Only one of our cats before it died killed bugs a few escaped roaches , luckily I never lost an escaped T to that one.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
I still think @KezyGLA wins the "most escapees" trophy. If I remember right he had a sac of P. murinus (of all spiders) hatch in moms enclosure and the slings dispersed through the ventilation holes all over his house...
This is a charming visual, but IMO, no escape story beats the legend of the drain spider.

In a drain in the tub there lived a spider. Not a nasty, dirty, wet drain, filled with the hairs of men and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, dusty drain with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a spider-drain, and that means comfort.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
This is a charming visual, but IMO, no escape story beats the legend of the drain spider.

In a drain in the tub there lived a spider. Not a nasty, dirty, wet drain, filled with the hairs of men and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, dusty drain with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a spider-drain, and that means comfort.
But the video is no longer accessible *sobs* That was an awesome read. I have given Ts PVC U joints and the like as burrows lol

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
But the video is no longer accessible *sobs* That was an awesome read. I have given Ts PVC U joints and the like as burrows lol
It was a good video. We are much aggrieved by its removal.