Training and Diets for Cats and Dogs

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Yes. But less scary than dogs (to humans at least).
Mah... to me dogs aren't scary at all. The problem with dogs IMO is one only: they need to be taken outside, and I don't have anymore the time but, more honestly, the will to walk with a dog at night :)

I love dogs, but only certain breeds: Cane Corso, Mastino Napoletano, Boxer, Dogue de Bordeaux etc only Molosser dogs, the others are annoying, like micro/little dogs breed :pompous:

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
My cat is the main reason I find any bug in the house -- she is super alert. And said bugs are usually discovered by me, already dead on the floor (or in the last twitches of life). She will also sit and meow incessantly at the wall or ceiling if said bug is unreachable. She's a main reason I am not overly concerned about prey escapes too.

[I am a dog and cat person, if such a thing is possible]

MintyWood826

Arachnobaron
Mah... to me dogs aren't scary at all. The problem with dogs IMO is one only: they need to be taken outside, and I don't have anymore the time but, more honestly, the will to walk with a dog at night :)

I love dogs, but only certain breeds: Cane Corso, Mastino Napoletano, Boxer, Dogue de Bordeaux etc only Molossoid dogs, the others are annoying, like micro/little dogs breed :pompous:
I phrased it really, really badly. More dogs kill humans than cats (?) but probably feral ones mostly. But cats kill more small animals such as birds and mice.
I would like dogs if they weren't so crazy and slobbery (at least most of the dogs I meet are).

cats have like a 6th sense
Their hearing is so much more sensitive than ours! I don't know how they can stand it! I can barely stand my hearing sometimes!

Makes me wonder ^ what does a spider walking sound like?

AnObeseHippo

Arachnoknight
Sadly it seems you’ve only met people that never trained their dogs. A well trained dog is way better than any feline

MintyWood826

Arachnobaron
Sadly it seems you’ve only met people that never trained their dogs. A well trained dog is way better than any feline
You can train a dog not to drool? :astonished:

There was one neighbor dog I really liked. She didn't drool everywhere like some dog breeds and wasn't yappy, large enough to knock me over, or super hyper.

Someone needs to train me how to do dogs lol I just don't feel comfortable around them like I do with cats. Haha maybe one day.

I would rather own rats than dogs or cats actually but my mom won't let me.

Does T venom affect cats and dogs differently?

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
You can train a dog not to drool? :astonished:?
Not all dogs drool... many are what is called "dry mouthed."

You can also train them to not lick/give kisses if saliva bothers you. We train this with our dogs who do therapy visits in hospitals/nursing homes.

I'm a dog sport trainer/handler and certifiable crazy dog person though... so I am biased. My dogs give me tons of kisses, my main male sleeps under the blankets with me, I don't understand the point of activities that don't involve dogs, etc. lol

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
I phrased it really, really badly. More dogs kill humans than cats (?) but probably feral ones mostly. But cats kill more small animals such as birds and mice.
I would like dogs if they weren't so crazy and slobbery (at least most of the dogs I meet are).

Their hearing is so much more sensitive than ours! I don't know how they can stand it! I can barely stand my hearing sometimes!

Makes me wonder ^ what does a spider walking sound like?
Angry my parents dislike cats , I told them feed them mice or something if you don’t want it throwing up everywhere. Cat food is too prcocessed shortens lifespan prob 3-9 years .

Dono but I’m impressed cats can hear this shame mankind annhialates wildlife and does not protect it . Or saber tooth and many more species could be alive today, scientists could do more then passively take their government pay and watch the next extinction happen.

Tigers are endangered, maybe critically. Poor massive kittens :arghh:

AnObeseHippo

Arachnoknight
Angry my parents dislike cats , I told them feed them mice or something if you don’t want it throwing up everywhere. Cat food is too prcocessed shortens lifespan prob 3-9 years .

Dono but I’m impressed cats can hear this shame mankind annhialates wildlife and does not protect it . Or saber tooth and many more species could be alive today, scientists could do more then passively take their government pay and watch the next extinction happen.

Tigers are endangered, maybe critically. Poor massive kittens :arghh:
Cats are also an invasive species, with massive stray populations in city limits. Packed animal shelters, causing more and more animals to be out down.

I’m not worried about their food being to processed. Plus, how do you accurately judge if food is “too proccessed”? My registered vet tech of a girlfriend would pee herself with laughter hearing that. Way more so than Tarantulas have we researched and studied what cats actually need in their diet. Indoor cats are bored a much larger % of the time, and they don’t need to hunt so they just end up willing to eat a lot more to cure the boredom and because they don’t care if they’re a bit fatter/less agile. It’s not the food that makes fat cats. Poor care makes fat cats.

Also, don’t feed cats mice. Cmon, that isn’t a balanced diet. It is also just gross. You wanna clean blood, bones, and guts?

Last edited:

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Cats are also an invasive species, with massive stray populations in city limits. Packed animal shelters, causing more and more animals to be out down.

I’m not worried about their food being to processed. Plus, how do you accurately judge if food is “too proccessed”? My registered vet tech of a girlfriend would pee herself with laughter hearing that. Way more so than Tarantulas have we researched and studied what cats actually need in their diet. Indoor cats are bored a much larger % of the time, and they don’t need to hunt so they just end up willing to a lot more to cure the boredom and because they don’t care if they’re a bit fatter/less agile. It’s not the food that makes fat cats. Poor care makes fat cats.

Also, don’t feed cats mice. Cmon, that isn’t a balanced diet. It is also just gross. You wanna clean blood, bones, and guts?
City has near unlimited funds they can burrow endlessly. Euthanasia of shelter animals is a real shame . Maybe make a cat or dog farm haha.

Well cats in wild are probably 100% true carnivores, indoors cats probably Are too inactive to burn off fillers in cat food.
Maybe it’s not as bad as I think but packaged pet food is too processed to be 100% nutrition.
I can’t say what percent it is I lack the equipment. But I’ve seen pets have stomach issues on this processing garbage .
And only a few haven’t had issues. So some are more tolerant of the grain fillers, and bone meal .
Yeah your right it’s very gross to feed indoor cat mice, and was just an example.
Just wish pet food didn’t give half of the animals so many health issues . No wonder vets make 100k a year or more. Lotta hard work to become a vet tho, just I’ve never heard of a wild wolf eating corn meal :chicken:. Or any other gross type of meal:borg:
http://news.vet.tufts.edu/2017/02/unwholesome-ingredients-in-your-dogs-food/
Like the Taco Bell of pet food

Last edited:

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer

I’m not worried about their food being to processed. Plus, how do you accurately judge if food is “too proccessed”? My registered vet tech of a girlfriend would pee herself with laughter hearing that. Way more so than Tarantulas have we researched and studied what cats actually need in their diet. Indoor cats are bored a much larger % of the time, and they don’t need to hunt so they just end up willing to a lot more to cure the boredom and because they don’t care if they’re a bit fatter/less agile. It’s not the food that makes fat cats. Poor care makes fat cats.

Your first paragraph is why I hate that cats have become popular as a pet species... they really are not suited for it. They are not suited to be stuck indoors their entire lives, but outside they are insanely destructive invasives. And they reproduce faster than any of my roach colonies.

As for not feeding cats mice... why not? Many people feed their dogs raw, including PMR (prey model raw) which is whole carcasses. Though I do like to feed a variety of protein sources (rabbits, chickens, pig, deer, beef, etc) rather than just one source. Dogs consume more of a carcass than cats do, though... cats just eat the choicest parts and leave the rest because they are jerks.

AnObeseHippo

Arachnoknight
Your first paragraph is why I hate that cats have become popular as a pet species... they really are not suited for it. They are not suited to be stuck indoors their entire lives, but outside they are insanely destructive invasives. And they reproduce faster than any of my roach colonies.

As for not feeding cats mice... why not? Many people feed their dogs raw, including PMR (prey model raw) which is whole carcasses. Though I do like to feed a variety of protein sources (rabbits, chickens, pig, deer, beef, etc) rather than just one source. Dogs consume more of a carcass than cats do, though... cats just eat the choicest parts and leave the rest because they are jerks.
Raw diets are disgusting. I don’t need my dog tracking salmonella and stuff through the house for me to catch

AnObeseHippo

Arachnoknight
City has near unlimited funds they can burrow endlessly. Euthanasia of shelter animals is a real shame . Maybe make a cat or dog farm haha.

Well cats in wild are probably 100% true carnivores, indoors cats probably Are too inactive to burn off fillers in cat food.
Maybe it’s not as bad as I think but packaged pet food is too processed to be 100% nutrition.
I can’t say what percent it is I lack the equipment. But I’ve seen pets have stomach issues on this processing garbage .
And only a few haven’t had issues. So some are more tolerant of the grain fillers, and bone meal .
Yeah your right it’s very gross to feed indoor cat mice, and was just an example.
Just wish pet food didn’t give half of the animals so many health issues . No wonder vets make 100k a year or more. Lotta hard work to become a vet tho, just I’ve never heard of a wild wolf eating corn meal :chicken:. Or any other gross type of meal:borg:
http://news.vet.tufts.edu/2017/02/unwholesome-ingredients-in-your-dogs-food/
Like the Taco Bell of pet food
There are many good cat foods out there. It is up to the owner to decide what their cat eats. It’s like eating only taco bell and claiming that all food is too processed. It is flawed in reasoning and cat owners are the only people to blame for their cats being obese and unhealthy

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Raw diets are disgusting. I don’t need my dog tracking salmonella and stuff through the house for me to catch
You know people get salmonella from dog kibble alllll the time, right? Any time you see a salmonella recall on kibble, it is because a HUMAN got it... not a dog.

And it isn't like my dogs aren't dragging carcasses around the house LOL We follow safe raw meat handling procedures just like you do with your own raw chicken you plan to cook.

But anyways, lucky for you your apex predator has adapted to eating dry crunchy hard gross stuff day after day (;

AnObeseHippo

Arachnoknight
You know people get salmonella from dog kibble alllll the time, right? Any time you see a salmonella recall on kibble, it is because a HUMAN got it... not a dog.

And it isn't like my dogs aren't dragging carcasses around the house LOL We follow safe raw meat handling procedures just like you do with your own raw chicken you plan to cook.

But anyways, lucky for you your apex predator has adapted to eating dry crunchy hard gross stuff day after day (;
This is the most assumptious and ignorant comment I’ve read in awhile.

I didn’t say dogs get salmonella. They and their food can carry it. I didn’t even say eat hard crunchy kibble. Cook their food. Salmonella is way more prevalent in raw food diets than anything cooked or kibbled. You wanna provide a study showing otherwise? Please do. Because iirc the reasons humans started cooking food in the first place is because it was waaaay less likely to get us sick than raw food.

The concern isn’t the dog’s safety. It is everyone elses. The dog is a host for all kinds of more bacteria when it is on raw food than not.

I don’t need my dog licking his raw food pooping bacteria and parasite filled butt then licking me or anyone/thing I care about. Maybe I just care for the safety and health of my friends and family more than you do though.

The majority of vets, and The FDA are against raw food diets. Keep up the good work. You are doing what doctors and veterinary journals highly recommend doing against and being proud of your ignorance.

Salmonella, Listeria, E. coli, and the list goes on.

Edit: hours later and you’ve shown yourself online a bunch. Thanks for reading this and not pushing anymore harmful information.

https://globalnews.ca/news/3961882/...us-for-both-pets-and-humans-experts-warn/amp/

http://amp.timeinc.net/time/5101066/raw-meat-pet-dangers

https://amp.theguardian.com/science...-meat-pet-food-after-analysis-finds-pathogens

https://www.fda.gov/animalveterinary/resourcesforyou/animalhealthliteracy/ucm373757.h

Last edited:

MintyWood826

Arachnobaron
Dogs too. At least in some areas. They definitely are numerous in animal shelters too.

By this time we should probably make another thread...

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter

so true!!
dog food is unsafe for human consumption and can kill you. E. coli salmonella etc.
Nice , my parents could afford raw meat but refused. Our oldest dog died of stomach issues related to pet food. It was expensive pet food too!!’
Government could make unwanted pet zoos or mini wild zone. Better the euthanasia, romans would all. Made gladiator shows but that’s too cruel, still no nice then euthanasia, aka pet murder.
These dead animals end up sold to pet food companies!!!

Last edited:

AnObeseHippo

Arachnoknight
so true!!
dog food is unsafe for human consumption and can kill you. E. coli salmonella etc.
Nice , my parents could afford raw meat but refused. Our oldest dog died of stomach issues related to pet food. It was expensive pet food too!!’
Government could make unwanted pet zoos or mini wild zone. Better the euthanasia, romans would all. Made gladiator shows but that’s too cruel, still no nice then euthanasia, aka pet murder.
These dead animals end up sold to pet food companies!!!
Goto the damn vet and get them to diagnose the issues with your pets stomach so they can tell you what in the food makes it sick, and what food you should buy instead. You’re not a vet. So let a vet so their job.

How do you know it was the pet food but can’t say what it was in the food that made it sick?

Last edited:

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
This is the most assumptious and ignorant comment I’ve read in awhile.

I didn’t say dogs get salmonella. They and their food can carry it. I didn’t even say eat hard crunchy kibble. Cook their food. Salmonella is way more prevalent in raw food diets than anything cooked or kibbled. You wanna provide a study showing otherwise? Please do. Because iirc the reasons humans started cooking food in the first place is because it was waaaay less likely to get us sick than raw food.

The concern isn’t the dog’s safety. It is everyone elses. The dog is a host for all kinds of more bacteria when it is on raw food than not.

I don’t need my dog licking his raw food pooping bacteria and parasite filled butt then licking me or anyone/thing I care about. Maybe I just care for the safety and health of my friends and family more than you do though.

The majority of vets, and The FDA are against raw food diets. Keep up the good work. You are doing what doctors and veterinary journals highly recommend doing against and being proud of your ignorance.

Salmonella, Listeria, E. coli, and the list goes on.

Edit: hours later and you’ve shown yourself online a bunch. Thanks for reading this and not pushing anymore harmful information.

https://globalnews.ca/news/3961882/...us-for-both-pets-and-humans-experts-warn/amp/

http://amp.timeinc.net/time/5101066/raw-meat-pet-dangers

https://amp.theguardian.com/science...-meat-pet-food-after-analysis-finds-pathogens

https://www.fda.gov/animalveterinary/resourcesforyou/animalhealthliteracy/ucm373757.h
Uhh, I haven't been online until now LOL I have been, you know... living life with my apparently disease-ridden dogs (;

Anyways. Carry on with your clearly biased opinion. My highly trained and titled competition dogs and I will keep doing our thing.

AnObeseHippo

Arachnoknight
Uhh, I haven't been online until now LOL I have been, you know... living life with my apparently disease-ridden dogs (;

Anyways. Carry on with your clearly biased opinion. My highly trained and titled competition dogs and I will keep doing our thing.
the site says when you’re online so deny it all you like.

How am I being “clearly biased”? I provided sources to articles thar support my opinion. I’m not going to switch to your side without any good sources as to why raw food is not disgusting or unsafe for humans.

Any sources for your raw food opinions, or just your personal experience that doesn’t count for anything in the real world?