Enclosure/Terrarium Pictures

shakw0n

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thank you unclechewy. for the rock formation i carved into a 4" styrofoam board with a fine cutter blade(i also used my fingers to break pieces from the board to make it look more natural), a heatgun to round the edges and .. my imagination:tongue:
I will post some new pics soon with another enclosure.

GiantVinegaroon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Not the best picture, but this is the vivarium I just set up for my female Scolopendra subspinipes de hanni. Nothing too fancy, gravel bottom topped off with a sand/peat mix. I put a young spider plant in and surrounded that and the grapewood with some new zealand sphagnum moss.

Jar is 40 oz.

Photo01080032.jpg

Silvestr

Arachnopeon
Here is my hand made.

Tank for Albopilosum Male

Brachypelma boehmei fm L7

Double terrarium

Tank for Lasiodora parahybana

Jared781

Arachnobaron
A setup with a 5.5 gallon turned on end for my P. regalis, I used 2 pieces of wood with some vine wrapped around for looks with about 2" of peat moss for substrate. The water dish looks like a leaf and is visible in pics 1 & 2. I used hotglue on most everything to keep it stable.

it aint a comp!!

sick set up tho!!

---------- Post added 01-17-2012 at 08:26 PM ----------

A setup with a 5.5 gallon turned on end for my P. regalis, I used 2 pieces of wood with some vine wrapped around for looks with about 2" of peat moss for substrate. The water dish looks like a leaf and is visible in pics 1 & 2. I used hotglue on most everything to keep it stable.

that whole screen comes off? isn't it kind of skecthy that he wont just pce?

katizey

Arachnopeon
Arboreal

This setup is for my first T, an A. Avicularia. Originally he was in a sideways kritter keeper, but I decided I wanted something that looked a little nicer.
IMG_20120122_154242.jpg
(The water dish was originally in front of the castle. of course that's where the little bugger decided to make his web, so I had to move it.)
IMG_20120122_155729.jpg
The tape strips on the opening are temporary until i can get my hands on some wire mesh.
IMG_20120122_155810.jpg
The tank comes out of "Lee's Round Betta Kit", as does the gravel. Substrate is Cocohusk, kept damp for higher humidity. The castle came from the fish section of petco.
Measurements: 6.2 x 6.2 x 8 inches

TarantulaTyrant

Arachnopeon
---------- Post added 01-24-2012 at 04:28 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
Here is a 18X18X24" Exoterra tank that I just finished to house my newly acquires female Cyriopagopus sp. "blue". She still has a molt or two until she is ready for this tank but it will give the tank time to grow in. The pictures are before and after the plants were added. Set up was the same as for my female Cyriopagopus schioedtei.
Mike
are those real plants you put in the enclosure? i am growing a few pothos plants, but are ferns safe like i hear pothos are the most ideal plant that is being used in a lot of humid seeking enclosures.

Last edited:

nikki9093

Arachnosquire
IMG_1316.JPG

I just built this up today. It was a pain in the butt, but it fits everyone...and it fits the dresser. LOL.

tpduckwa

Arachnopeon
Arboreal Half Circle

Petco had this little glass half "moon" terrarium on clearance (25$!). Dimensions are 8.5" L X 13.75" W X 14.25" H. Custom cork bark and moss background. Fake decorative plants from Michaels. built this for my Avicularia metallica. arboreal t 2.jpg arboreal t.jpg

ganyan

Arachnopeon
slings.jpg
Sling case
converted Ikea wall vanity...removed a sliding mirror in the front and replaced it with plexi attached with plastic hinges. i added led lights from a local dollar store.:mask:

Cheshkitty

Arachnopeon
Petco had this little glass half "moon" terrarium on clearance (25$!). Dimensions are 8.5" L X 13.75" W X 14.25" H. Custom cork bark and moss background. Fake decorative plants from Michaels. built this for my Avicularia metallica. View attachment 99268 View attachment 99269
Woot! I am not the only one who took advantage of the half moon terrarium. Though Noname's, my A. metallica, terrarium has selufane over a portion of the holes on top just to keep more moisture in it. She tends to hang out under the covered side more than the open side. I like it.. I still have yet to get cork background but she seems to climb the tank with ease. It does help that she had a giant tree limb that runs from the floor to the top and them reaches from one side to the other. Very pretty set up I am very jealous >.>

Also I found she does enjoy her little habitat. She has her three main areas and is actively hunting/exploring at night. Just waiting on that molt she is due for. Should be interesting getting the molt out of this terrarium without disturbing her and or breaking the molt.

Last edited:

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
OXO Goodgrips tanks, now illuminated with 12 volt LED strips:

pa3k_87

Arachnosquire
Terrestrial - My 30 gal Forest Terrarium

Currently houses 2 Fan-footed Geckos, and 4 Reed Frogs. DIY Background is made with Styrofoam, painted with layers of concrete. The false bottom has about 1-2.5 inches layer of Hydroton (Expanded clay pellets). Substrate is a mix of Eco Earth, Perlite, Vermiculite, and Sphagnum Moss. Not included in the picture is a Reptifogger that pumps fog for 15 minutes every hour - set at medium-low.

RT2-1530.jpg

Bromeliads. Neoregelia sp. (californiae?) (centre), Vresia sp. Tiffany (left), Neoregelia sp. Blushing Tiger (right). Behind is a Frosty Fern (Selaginella krausianna variegatus)

Bromeliad-1531.jpg

Earthstars, Jade Plants, Bromeliad (Neoregelia olens hybrid), and Lemon Button Fern

Earthstar-1533.jpg

Fan-footed Geckos

Gecko-1534.jpg

Waterdish/Pond for the frogs with Java Moss and Water ferns (Salvinia). Behind it are Sivler lace fern (centre), Frosty Fern (left), and Bromeliad (Neoregelia olens hybrid) (right)

Water-1536.jpg

Ninth

Arachnopeon
My some custom design terrariums

These terrariums are designed by the students of "Istanbul Design Workshop" and by me...

0.1.0 Avicularia versicolor "in Salvador Dali dereams"

0.1.0 Brachypelma auratum "gravedigger"

0.1.0 Grammostola pulchripes "city ​​park the nightwatchman"

0.1.0 Brachypelma smithi

0.1.0 Acanthoscurria geniculata

Thanks...

Last edited:

Saark

Arachnosquire
Terrestrial

This is my T. stirmi tank. Perfecto small animal/reptile enclosure with sliding screen top. 36X18X17, 6 or 7 (can't remember) bricks of Eco-earth, cork bark burrow with a couple pieces of drift wood. I have a 20w fluorescent light and use a combination of red lamp amd heat pad when needed to boost the temp. currently, 2/3 of the top is covered with glass to maintain humidity.

Attachments