Enclosure/Terrarium Pictures

scuba113

Arachnosquire
10gallon tank with a P. Fasciata in it the backdrop was custom make same with the front of the encloser

D

dabn

Thanks,
pretty easy job. RobC once made a video about that.

[YOUTUBE]UQ1HmEa2F-8[/YOUTUBE]

All remains is creativity. ;)

Danielson

Arachnopeon
This is my P Regalis suspect Male enclosure, 35x35x45. What you guys think? would this be a good size for him when he grows up? or would i need something bigger in the future?

Attachments

SgtSparkles

Arachnosquire
I am a very creative person and love making things. Naturally one of my favorite parts of keeping tarantulas is making cool enclosures for them. Sometimes they turn out well and sometimes I learn from them.:wall: Here are a few of my more successful ideas and nifty things

These are around $2.00 at walmart and with some side ventilation they make for great stack-able sling containers that fit and stack well in a micro-climate

This one is about an 8 gallon (estimated) exoterra style enclosure i got from petco when i was first planning on getting a T. They seem like such a good idea when you don't know anything about what you really need. I removed the screens on the sides and filled them with plexi glass and removed the top and made a 1/4" plexi glass cover with a single 3" vent hole. Then i made a two level enclosure with an escape hole behind the second level that leads down toward a hide area. The second level is actually bowl shaped so it can be filled with substrate too. The door clasp has been replaced with very strong magnets and the doors close themselves from 3" away from closed and hold themselves very tight. nothing short of a charging ornata is getting them open

---------- Post added 11-27-2011 at 12:13 AM ----------

I decided to try an arboreal enclosure via RobC's tutorial. I used a 5 gallon and split some cork bark tubes into sections and baked them. I have the worst luck with real plants and regular bark. I did the vents with a tub drain gasket and screen secured with silicone. A lady suggested checking out our local crafts store for artificial plants at a much cheaper price. She was very right i think i've got about 2 dollars into this plant structure. The door is held in place with very strong magnets.

I wanted to try a center piece Enclosure so i picked up a 10 Gallon tank on since they were on sale and grabbed a fish tank center piece. The Dead tree was hallow and had several hole so i filled it with an expanding foam as well as filled in the back area of the tank. I used silicone on the foam in the tank as well as in the open "hallows" of the dead tree and pressed substrate into it. Add a few artificial plants where needed and some moss the fill the empty part with substrate and its done. The lid is 1/4 inch pexi glass with two 3" vents made by silicone bonding screen between the plex glass and a sink drain gasket

sweetypie

Arachnoknight
A second story Green bottle blue set-up.
She seems to move at night and securely reside in her comfy 2nd story living space.

Last edited:

sweetypie

Arachnoknight
Psalmopoeus reduncas female enclosure.
- 2 piece 32 oz. upper and lower, "modular" enclosure style.
- super cheap material costs.
- easy access water dish.
- the upper can be placed on a flat surface while the bottom is cleaned and/or replaced.

Last edited:

gatamer

Arachnosquire
here is mine ,

* my recent list ,
0.1 B. auratum
0.1 B. boehmei
0.1 C. cyaneopubescens
0.1 E. pulcherrimaklaasi
0.1 A. metallica
0.1 P. metallica
0.1 P. regalis
0.1 P. irminia
0.1 X. immanis
0.1 T. apophysis

twentyeyes

Arachnopeon
here is mine ,

* my recent list ,
0.1 B. auratum
0.1 B. boehmei
0.1 C. cyaneopubescens
0.1 E. pulcherrimaklaasi
0.1 A. metallica
0.1 P. metallica
0.1 P. regalis
0.1 P. irminia
0.1 X. immanis
0.1 T. apophysis
That is an incredible set-up. Really nice work

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This is a setup I made for my P. fasciata, soldered together from two plastic cubes I got at Michael's. I also inserted a piece of tubing so I could fill the waterdish without splashing water down the top.

Thanks,
Rob

CleanSweep

Arachnopeon
T. Stirmi with live queen marble pothos, fittonia (nerve plant) and, pillow moss.

B. Boehmei with live succulent

B. Smithi barricaded while in premolt with live succulent

A. Geniculata also barricaded while in premolt with queen marble pothos

GBB in a small critter keeper until she grows up.

P. Ornata in a temporary enclosure until she gets bigger (She about 3 inches). She will be housed in a Exo-Terra Sri Lanka kit. Should look sexy.