Enclosure/Terrarium Pictures

Poxicator

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This is my first T (Lasiodora Klugi) in my first T enclosure.
Vermiculite/Coco/Peat Moss. Decorated with Acer leaves, Cork Bark, small amounts of dead moss, grass and pebbles.
Its been running all week but "Indie" moved in yesterday. She's already drank from the water bowl, moved the temp guage from top to bottom, repositioned the Acer leaves and has started to tear up some of the moss.

Attachments

Last edited:

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
@sillyputtie
id be careful about keeping that sling in there.youd be surprised at how small of a hole that little guy can fit thru

silieputty

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
@sillyputtie
id be careful about keeping that sling in there.youd be surprised at how small of a hole that little guy can fit thru
Ha - I already found out the hard way. :( Lost it almost a week ago now. Still searching the ceilings, walls etc. I should have known better! Hind sight is 20:20.

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
ahh man thats to bad!yeah slings that small are best off in the viles until round 2" or so
good luck finding him

theloner

Arachnopeon
My Habitats

Hey everyone.
I just wanted to show you the setups that I made. There made of insulated, double walls and the inside is completely lined with acrylic. The top is acrylic and has ventilation holes. It also locks. The T's seem to love the seclusion that the walls provide.

Last edited:

thedude

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
my first pick is of my P. regalis' cage and the 2nd is of my H. mac's for when she gets bigger

wolfpak

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
tree barks which i saw into halves, heat it for about 180 degrees and hot glued it to the back

morris

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
These are my enclosures. I bought them from Adam Hundt (Tarantulacages.com) and I'm really pleased with them. I live in the UK so it was quite expensive getting them here - but I'd rather have my T's in something I know they'd be comfortable in. Adam was really helpful and provided a great service.

The top two pictures are of my L.Parahybana enclosure (18x12x10).
The bottom two pictures contain my B. Vagans (16x8x8).

I use 100% vermiculite (which I'm sure some of you won't agree with).

Regards,
Alboy84

(P.S. I'm sorry about the poor quality photo's)
does your L.parahybana trive on 100%vermiculite? i would like to try it ouy.

Rydog

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
heres a couple of tanks I built, I think they came out very nicely.

They are about 2' tall. They will be my breeder tanks.:)

P. regalis

P. striata (almost finished)

massmorels

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
nice looking setups Ry. But you may want to keep in mind your pokies will want simulated tree hollows when laying their egg sacs. Try making a tree stump with the cork bark. Kind of like this..

Rydog

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks for the tip man, i'll go get some more half circle bark pieces so I can make a hollow area for them. Nice ornata and setup also :clap: .