Dream true spider?

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Heteropoda and Holconia, especially the black and white contrasting ones.

Also I loved the Nephila (I think?) species I found in Taiwan a year or so back:

Pics don't do them any justice (especially these pics, I was a horrible photographer back then lol (still am to a degree))

JoP

Arachnosquire
Lots of N. clavipes here if you know where to look. At this time of year the majority around are adult females with accompanying males. I've kept them before in my backyard right off my porch by placing a female or two around suitable web points, the point between two posts under a balcony seems to work well, and they normally stick around. I've heard of people successfully keeping them in relatively small enclosures, in which case the webs the construct are very tiny or a tangled mess. I find they're best admired when atop a 3 foot wide golden glistening web, however.
I kept one between my porch posts for a while. Rescued her from some gardeners who were going to kill her at my university and relocated her to the posts, where she was happy to build a web and stick around.

JoP

Arachnosquire
For me it's any of the Maratus jumpers. Speciosus is the prettiest in my opinion, but I just love their behavior. Although they're so isolated to Australia I highly doubt that they'll ever be available in the hobby anywhere else.

Widow lover

Arachnoknight
IMG_7906.JPG
:DPhoneutria fera Is high on my list as well, I may be able to get some wondering spiders through a trade but not the Brazilian ones, I don’t think anyone has them. My dream spider is Heteropoda lunula a species of huntsman spider and I may be able to get them :D
I'll have fera slings for sale in the near future....

Spikepig

Arachnopeon
Argyroneta aquatica

Always wanted a Diving Bell Spider... how insanely awesome that there are spiders out there that spend most of their lives submerged!

Bunyan van Asten

Arachnoknight
The giant huntsman spider, the one that was discovered in australia at that animal rescue farm. Just the fangs and how fluffy it lools alone (like the skin of a short haired dog breed) do it for me!

eggcellent

Arachnopeon
I actually hope other sections will have these threads, cause I made the one in the hopes of discovering new species of centipede I did not know of.

Anyways, I am pretty simple and I want to own a peacock spider.
I know they are super tiny but I would but a macro lens just to watch it dance.

Dennis Nedry

Arachnodemon
Definitely Beregama aurea/the golden huntsman, huge body and legspan with awesome black and yellow colours. I'm pretty sure they're the second biggest huntsman by weight (female's bodies get to about 5-6 cm with a 20 cm legspan). In my opinion if you want a big and active true spider then huntsmans are absolutely your best bet. I want to get as many species as possible, and Australia/SE Asia is pretty much the huntsman capital of the world

Last edited:

ArachnidBoi

Arachnopeon
For me, it's any of the pelican or trapjaw spiders. So rare and almost nothing is known about them, but the "neck" is amazingly cool.

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
Araneus ventricosus

This one makes nice huge web too

RTTB

Arachnoprince
I don't know the proper name for it but once I saw a picture someone posted I knew I have to oneday get a Florida Ravine Spider.