Dr Acula's Photos

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Update

My collection finally passed the 15 mark! At 16 Ts, I am proud to say that royalty now resides in my quarters.

I introduce you to the almighty Shelob. [4" female P. muticus]

P muticus by srhoa001, on Flickr

Within the same week, I got a hold of another P muticus! She is missing her left I leg but that should fix itself in a couple molts. [2-3" female P muticus]

The last new addition is a big ol girl, probably the most laid back T ever. [female B albopilosum]

B albopilosum by srhoa001, on Flickr

B albopilosum by srhoa001, on Flickr

As for my other Ts, My P cancerides hooked out and has an even greater pink/golden sheen now :D

P cancerides by srhoa001, on Flickr

P cancerides by srhoa001, on Flickr

NOT TO MENTION. My P irmania & A versicolor have also molted!

P irminia by srhoa001, on Flickr

A versicolor by srhoa001, on Flickr

Last but not least, here's a few extra photos I took with my girlfriend's help :)

P murinus by srhoa001, on Flickr

Last edited:

papilio

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congrats! :worship: We should start an albo fan club. :D
Very nice shots of the versicolor! :)

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Congrats! :worship: We should start an albo fan club. :D
Very nice shots of the versicolor! :)
A club would suit this species well :) Although I have to say, her u-hairs are pretty nasty. :mask:
Thank you! I resized the images so you should be able to see the pics better now

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Really like those two A. versi shots with the legs on the finger and in the air...nicely captured!

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Really like those two A. versi shots with the legs on the finger and in the air...nicely captured!
Wow Awesome photos, and Beautiful spiders!
I just love these pictures. Especially the versi and the albo ...makes me want some.. eek!
Thank you! :D The camera doesn't do these guys their justice.

Got a molt today from one of the more pricey Ts and a nice threat posture/meal time pic :)

Male P metallica showing more color!

P metallica by srhoa001, on Flickr

Thank goodness I wasn't wearing shorts {D

P cambridgei, hopefully in premolt! Wasn't very happy that day :mask:

P cambridgei by srhoa001, on Flickr

New 7 legged P. muticus settling into her den, but not without a superworm :p

Stay tuned for more :D

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
LOL! That's the usual greeting I get when interfering with my P. cam :D

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Back from the dead!

The giant has entered the building.
Theraphosa stirmi, confirmed female and largest of my..current..collection :D

P metallica is growing up!

P cambridgei finally molted, greenest T I've ever seen!

My versi is also getting a little bit of size to it :)

by srhoa001, on Flickr

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Really like the angle of the pic of the Theraphosa! Looks pretty damn good with the eyes reflecting the light.

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Recent observations of her carapace and ventral sides of legs I/IV shows she's actually a P fasciata. News to both me and the dealer, we've already settled it out :) Looks like I'll have to go on a striata search again, but I'm lovin this big girl either way :D

Notice the thin black stripe over the yellow on the femur, it would be a lot thicker if she were striata. Also, the broken black stripe on the femur of leg IV.

Screen Shot 2013-06-08 at 5.26.19 PM.jpg

Brizzl

Arachnosquire
Damn shame that it wasn't a striata. None the less beautiful. She has a big butt!

xkris

Arachnosquire
I came to your pic thread because I was curious after seeing your video about handling your obt while he/she is grooming...Im still speechless about that one. Was like, holding my breath the whole time lol.

Love your pics, awesome spiders. And so much luck with their personalities, they all seem chilled and relaxed.
This makes me wonder if its because you handle them and interact with them or if they 'came out of the factory' that way? Do you think spiders can get used to your contact?
A lot of people here are quick to scream NO! but I'm not so sure. They seem to have capacity for learning. Maybe they learn to accept you?

Alltheworld601

Arachnoangel
I came to your pic thread because I was curious after seeing your video about handling your obt while he/she is grooming...Im still speechless about that one. Was like, holding my breath the whole time lol.

Love your pics, awesome spiders. And so much luck with their personalities, they all seem chilled and relaxed.
This makes me wonder if its because you handle them and interact with them or if they 'came out of the factory' that way? Do you think spiders can get used to your contact?
A lot of people here are quick to scream NO! but I'm not so sure. They seem to have y capacity for learning. Maybe they learn to accept you?
like any animal, I think they know when you are afraid or stressed out. if you're relaxed and confident and able to kind of see things from the spider's POV, its gonna seem that you have a whole bunch of calm spiders. when really they just dont see you as a threat, because you're basically a tree. or some other surface..that is not scary, or scared of them.

ive seen a couple folks be that kind of relaxed, and can handle all sorts of species without any sort of defensive behavior on their part. those kind of people are entirely too rare, and I am not one of them, which is why i don't put Poecis and OBTs on my hand. But, if I was, I would. ;)