Do you look like a spider person???

jdoolittle761

Arachnopeon
Well whenever I say I own tarantulas I get "Really? You?" Keep in mind im a 16 y/o 6'3 muscular Asian male who listens to power metal.

Ondottr

Arachnopeon
People are always shocked to learn that I love tarantulas, have one, and want a bunch more. Not sure if it's because I don't look like a spider person, or because basically no one keeps tarantulas here. I only know one other, my BF, and he doesn't know anyone else who has one. My friends and family from back home are not at all surprised because I've always brought home all kinds of bugs. I think they're more shocked that it took me so long to get a tarantula.
I look like my profile pic lol. I've got tats but they're hidden. Used to have piercings and dress more 'metal' too, but I had to tone it down for my job and now I look pretty boring.
I listen to mostly folk metal and rock. Also I knit, another surprising hobby apparently.

Hoshnobobo

Arachnopeon
I'm a big dude with a beard that runs a board game/card game shop. I don't think new people I meet are shocked. But people who have known me for a while that haven't seen me since I started collecting have a pretty big reaction when they hear I am over a hundred within a year

BlackCatPasta

Arachnopeon
Im a 15 year old girl. 5'6" and I have naturally blackish brown hair, but I currently have it dyed black on the bottom and red on top. I am told i'm too pretty to have a spider, but here I am, happily raising a spiderling

D Sherlod

Arachnoknight
People are always shocked to learn that I love tarantulas, have one, and want a bunch more. Not sure if it's because I don't look like a spider person, or because basically no one keeps tarantulas here. I only know one other, my BF, and he doesn't know anyone else who has one. My friends and family from back home are not at all surprised because I've always brought home all kinds of bugs. I think they're more shocked that it took me so long to get a tarantula.
I look like my profile pic lol. I've got tats but they're hidden. Used to have piercings and dress more 'metal' too, but I had to tone it down for my job and now I look pretty boring.
I listen to mostly folk metal and rock. Also I knit, another surprising hobby apparently.
Knitting mittens for T's,,, really Itty bitty mittens :p

spotropaicsav

Arachnobaron
Ok here we go..., just like on a dating site.:wacky::rofl:

186cm. (6'1") overly stuffed (working on it) Asian teddybear with glases, short hair and something that looks like a moustache and a gotee...
No tattoos. (working on that to)
Mostly wearing jeans and hoody's.
Music-wise i listen to mostly EDM but i allso like late 80's and 90's hiphop and ofcourse 90's eurodance and what we call here happyhardcore... (@louise f :happy:)

So i guess thats not your stereotype spiderguy...
Yay for another 80s 90s hip hop fan:cat:

louise f

Arachnoangel
Dont know what a spider person should look like. But I`m sure it depends on the individual ;):D I love black clothes only because it makes you look skinny :p Haha
Love to paint my brown/reddish hair black.:D Love tattoos have some and will have more. Love all kinds of music but mostly hard rock, reggae and 80`s and 90`s music.

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
Ok. I join in. I look like a winsome teddy bear who has fangs. Getting over the hill:oldman::oldman::oldman:. Silver in my natural multicolored hair. Very strange:wideyed:. Brown eyes that glow in the dark:shy:. Stubborn. Independent. Cranky. Loner.
Love my dogs passionately. Love to read about mostly anything.
Actually my close friends were knocked out when I told them I had gotten a T. Mainly because I used to be so terrified of spids. They're used to my -- er -- eccentric behavior. But most people react with shock when I proudly tell them I have my 6 spids.
(Dirty secret: sometimes I tell them on purpose just to see their eyes bug out). :embarrassed:

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
Tbh I dislike the stereotype that all reptile/invert keepers must be pierced/tattooed all over. The invert hobby is for everyone, and it is about as liable to try and generalise the appearance of a spider person as it is to generalise a dog person, or human being in general. As a side note, am I the only one who has to deal with people often assuming, just because I like inverts, that I must therefore automatically hate dogs, cats and other more 'conventional' animals?

louise f

Arachnoangel
I dislike the stereotype that all reptile/invert keepers must be pierced/tattooed all over
I got some of my tattoos long before i got spiders. But i think people often judge you when you keep spiders, to be a mental ill psycho tattooed all over.
1. You are not a psycho just because you keep spiders, and have tats
2. There`s nothing wrong with having no tattoos at all either. ;)
People should be just exactly as they feel like.