did some pairing last night

Ceratogyrus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Importing tarantulas into SA is illegal without a permit and considering no permits have ever been issued, best to just look for captive bred spiders here. Most species of pokie have been bred in SA

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Ceratogyrus darlingi double clutch

Idiothele mira female #2 sac

Eucratoscelus pachypus

Pterinochilus lugardi female #3

Psalmopoeus cambridgei

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
They are hammock sacs. It just looks that way because i pulled it out of her tunnel. These two sacs were laid recently, and i pulled them and placed them in the incubator. Dont want the females getting hungry on them.
Is that ball or hammock sac?

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
They are hammock sacs. It just looks that way because i pulled it out of her tunnel. These two sacs were laid recently, and i pulled them and placed them in the incubator. Dont want the females getting hungry on them.
I'd be too afraid of taking out a hammock sac and doing some damage. I'd rather take the female out of the cage temporarily and leave the sac in place, especially with a high ticket species like that.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Its really not too bad. They mostly attach it with 2 support webbings from the sides. Just grab hold of one side of the webbing with tweezers, and it pulls loose easily. Then get hol d of the other side and repeat. I much prefer hammock sacs to regular sacs. Because they seem to have a greater success rate, less chances of getting eaten, hatch quicker, and are just alot easier to deal with.
I'd be too afraid of taking out a hammock sac and doing some damage. I'd rather take the female out of the cage temporarily and leave the sac in place, especially with a high ticket species like that.

friendttyy

Arachnolord
Importing tarantulas into SA is illegal without a permit and considering no permits have ever been issued, best to just look for captive bred spiders here. Most species of pokie have been bred in SA
......Awww damn laws... waiting for male p.regalis to mature :D

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Cngrats on the mira,John,we just hatched some out ourselves...And a pachypus MM....wow...GL with that one!

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
^ Holy Crap! Thanks bro! Congrats on the mira man. I think this makes sacs number 4 and 5, or so. Lol yeah that pachypus mm is on loan, i didnt even know they made them!
Cngrats on the mira,John,we just hatched some out ourselves...And a pachypus MM....wow...GL with that one!

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
^ Holy Crap! Thanks bro! Congrats on the mira man. I think this makes sacs number 4 and 5, or so. Lol yeah that pachypus mm is on loan, i didnt even know they made them!
LOL....Got married,got a house,new job,etc...and the collection has suffered...But we still have a few things brewing ;)

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
LOL....Got married,got a house,new job,etc...and the collection has suffered...But we still have a few things brewing ;)
If you aren't having a huriana hatch out, nothing is brewing then :p

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Psalmopoeus langenbucheri, male on loan from Philth.

Pterinochilus lugardi female #3

Idiothele mira sac#1 hatched, 1st instars

Idiothele mira sac #2 hatching into ewls

Psalmopoeus irminia triple clutch pulled. Doesnt look very well. A handful of slings are alive, but who knows if they will make it.

awiec

Arachnoprince
Hoping the little ones pull through but that P.lugardi...oh my, I wonder if I have enough experience to get one, I must research.