did some pairing last night

Curious jay

Arachnodemon
Hoping this time will be better than last. I replaced her water dish with a deli cup to keep humidity up, and keep her from getting her sac wet this time. Big fat sac too!

That sac is huge! Lol looks like its gonna be hard work lumbering that one around.

Ziolizard

Arachnosquire
Wow, I really appreciate this thread. Makes me want to try a breeding project, except I have no mature females. =P Plus, I'd get too attached to the sings, even though I have no room to house them.

Just curious if anyone following this thread knows if it's safe to breed a 6.5-year-old MM G. pulchripes? The last sperm web he made was probably a year ago. I mated him successfully two years ago with someone else's female. However, he's older and slower now. What do you guys think?

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Thanks! If you ever get around to breeding, good luck!

Completely safe. He could still be making sperm webs without you noticing it too. He might have less of a chance to have fertile sperm, but its hard to say without trying.

Ziolizard

Arachnosquire
Ok, thanks for the advice. =) And congratulations on all of your successful breeding projects. You're a real pro at this now.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Psalmopoeus irminia slings!

Tomorrow is the pull date on this girls sac. Well i thought it was wierd that i havent seen so much as a toe sticking out of her web fortress. So i decided to pull back the webbing a hair and see if she still had her sac or had eaten it. Well this is what i saw!

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Psalmopoeus irminia slings pulled!

Finally got around to pulling these little guys from the mother. Had a heck of a time with her, she went psycho on me :). In the end i had to cut her enclosure in half (pretzel jug). It was too hard trying to get the slings out of the normal hole at the top. I ended up just taping the top back on, and tossing the female back in. Hope she drops another sac for me! Well i got them all into the incubator and there is 138 good 1st instars and 0 bad eggs! Great numbers! I expected around 60-100. But this will certainly work for me :). Enjoy!

Waxen

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Wow. Awesome news. I'm sure everybody is looking forward to getting their hands on some of these slings. Great job, man!

dactylus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
How long of a time span between the two sacs? Just curious.

Congrats!

David

Hoping this time will be better than last. I replaced her water dish with a deli cup to keep humidity up, and keep her from getting her sac wet this time. Big fat sac too!

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Holothele incei "Gold"

Just got this male in today from Protectyaaaneck. As soon as i got him out of the package he went straight in with my female. The paired very good with many insertions. The female was more than willing! Enjoy!

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I tried a communal of 3 regular inceis before. One of them ate another, then i seperated the last two. Decided to never again do a communal.