Dangergirl's enclosures and T's

Lucas

Arachnopeon
i love all of this.

do you make the actual acrylic tanks?
if so, i think you should make and sell them to me in scotland :D

:D :D :D they are exactly what im looking for !

Hostile

Arachnopeon
Quite the collection for someone 'new' to the hobby, I hope to devote all of my attention to just the one, that's the plan anyway :p

Great looking setups as well, far nicer than an army of tupperware/delipots :D

Dangergirl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Updates

So both my emilia and collotaravillosum moulted last night ...
Here's Chilli stretched out - had to sneak up to take this picture

and "Akita" before and after her moult

Angelina (smithi) chilling out

My rosea, Lucy, ate for the first time today in 4 months :clap:

And I rehomed my spiderlings which moulted recently - Tigger the fasciatum, and Jin the pulchripes ... so let them have a little walkabout on my hand. Jin raises her bum HIGH in the air when she walks on me :? { :)

Ariel

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
AWESOME photos!!! And I absolutely love your enclosures!! Great work, keep it up. :)

Dangergirl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
AWESOME photos!!! And I absolutely love your enclosures!! Great work, keep it up. :)
Thanks Ariel - been eyeing out your little slings this evening ...
Unfortunately I have an escapee tripeii which I cant seem to find :wall: Yours look so cute ! And I love your River - dont get to see my Tristan that much since he's in a tunnel web. Does River web ?

Ariel

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks Ariel - been eyeing out your little slings this evening ...
Unfortunately I have an escapee tripeii which I cant seem to find :wall: Yours look so cute ! And I love your River - dont get to see my Tristan that much since he's in a tunnel web. Does River web ?
Yeah, I saw your thread about it, I hope you find it soon. I'd like to get a N. tripepii someday, they're such a pretty species. Thanks, it seems everyone loves River. :D To anwser your question, no, she really doesn't web that much. Well...that's not true, she's webbed all over the sides of her enclosure, but no tube webs or web hides. She only makes those when she's about to molt and then she tears them down once she's all harden up.

LovePets

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Awesome collection,I just LOVE your enclosures. :drool:
Oh,yeah,and I think your brachypelma emilia is in fact brachypelma auratum.

Motorkar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Danja, do you have any enclosure free still? I want to move in! Vertical one would be nice since I am not type of a digger. :D
As always, you have amazing setups and spiders!

I belive my P. cambridgei "Devestator" will hide soon, s/he started to web abit its jar and started to put peaces of the substrate on it! It looks just amazing. :D

Dangergirl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hmmm, I hope not since I got her from a reputable dealer. Well, either way, they are both beautiful so it wont be bad if its either one.

I have an adult auratum "Casanova" soon to be a MM and on his way to 2 lady friends for some love !

Dangergirl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I JUST SAT HERE, UPDATING MY POST ... AND GUESS WHO CAME CRAWLING UP MY PYJAMA LEG ????

MY TRIPEII !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WA HA HA HA :}
I'd just watched a horror movie, and almost smooshed this tickly thing in my pants leg ... Luckily I managed to catch "Delphi" ... Super stoked !! {D

(It was like she ran up to me and asked to be saved from my puppy and big human feet :eek:)

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I gotta agree, definitely looks like auratum to me

Dangergirl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Here's "Delphi", now re-named "Houdini" ... she is a thirsty little sling !!

Dangergirl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My shelving

Here's my T shelving, with my Bearded Dragon and Uromastyx below ...

And here's a clearer picture of "Chilli" - have to agree she looks more like an auratum to me, than an emilia ...

Brad chilling (B. smithi)...

Rosie (G. rosea) on a little branch ...

India's new web at the back of the enclosure (P.regalis)
She is not gravid, she is still a virgin spider :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

Dangergirl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Here's Teddy (albopilosum) waiting for his new enclosure ... he's a greedy eater and very fast !

I have finally seen my Achilles the OBT ! He has an elaborate "under moss" web structure and finally made a little entrance which he peeps out of ...

Mercury - male boehmei

Casanova - auratum

Chocolat - likes to sit like this under her bark hide

Angelina - smithi

Diablo - L. parybana, making a little hidey hole in his new enclosure

Dangergirl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Akita

I love my new Nhandu collotaravillosum, Akita. She moulted on Sunday - here she is looking all pretty...

Last edited:

madTparty

Arachnopeon
Dangergirl-- Your cages are AMAZING! I've been dying to try and make my own cage, and you have just givin me so much inspration! So now all I can think about is making my own cage... :worship:

And your tarantulas are so cute! I love them all...:drool: My favorite brachys are the B. auratum. I only have one, but now after seeing Casanova, I want more...

All your tarantulas look very happy in their home. Please, continue posting pictures! :worship:

Dangergirl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Dangergirl-- Your cages are AMAZING! I've been dying to try and make my own cage, and you have just givin me so much inspration! So now all I can think about is making my own cage... :worship:

And your tarantulas are so cute! I love them all...:drool: My favorite brachys are the B. auratum. I only have one, but now after seeing Casanova, I want more...

All your tarantulas look very happy in their home. Please, continue posting pictures! :worship:
Wow, thank you very much, that means a lot to me :) ... a few months ago before owning a single tarantula I saw an exhibit of 15 T's - they had big boxes with a small layer of peat and a random piece of cork. They looked very unhappy to me (I know we shouldn't put human emotion to spiders but oh well...) and I always said ... if I had T's, they would never have such sad homes ... If we want to be "selfish" and own pets, we should make every effort that they are happy and well cared for. You can't exactly hug a T, now can you ? This is just how I try to make them feel more at home and in some kind of more naturalistic environment :eek:

Dangergirl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Casanova - B. auratum

Here he is again, Casanova the auratum. He was a gift from my mother (very surprising) and my 4th T. He is a grumpy boy - skittish and likes to be left alone. But I love him anyway. We suspect he might moult into a MM soon. And he has a lady spider waiting :)

Motorkar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Very beatiful enclosures as always, same goes for the spiders! I think you should be mine interior decorator haha. ;) :D