Old Timer
New Chaco

Here's my new female Chaco, "Chocolat"
Very friendly and active/inquisitive :)

Dangergirl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Step by step enclosures

Here are some step by step photos of my new enclosures ...

Attach backing

Add pebbles for drainage, and then add peat ...

In this photo, I used a styrofoam aquarium backing which looks like rock, to create "steps"

And used the same one to make an enclosure ...

Then all I do is add plants and rocks to my liking :)

Desert enclosures today :

Smithi "Angelina" in her new home :

Vagans "Cayenne" in her new home : (she gets her MM boyfriend tomorrow)

And new boy "Brad"'s butt :(

Dangergirl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Arboreal tanks

So here are a row of tanks waiting to go on my new shelves on Friday. My tables are all covered in T tanks !

Here's an arboreal tank done with a fake styrofoam aquarium backing which looks like rock, and then added reptile vines, and rocks etc.

Here's an arboreal tank with a regular backing, branches and little bits and things I collected :)

deep9

Arachnopeon
I like your enclosures alot. You have an eye for detail. But I would advice to take out those big rocks you have.

Dangergirl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I like your enclosures alot. You have an eye for detail. But I would advice to take out those big rocks you have.
They are mostly not real rocks, and the ones that are are glued securely in position. Others are flat and well nesteled in the peat (around the water bowl)
What is your concern re-the rocks ?

Motorkar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It doesen't matter if the rocks are flat....The problem is that its hard, and if spider climbs and falls can injure itself or dies.... Belive me, I saw my B. smithi fall once last year, luckyly she was that small that she didn't damage herself..... From then on, I don't use anykind of rocks in my enclosures.

I also like your enclosures even that I like real plants in mine. :) Here are two, you can use: Pothos or any Tillandsia for humid enclosures and some grey/silver types of Tillandsia are able to grow in drier enclosures. They are perfect plants since they don't need any substrate to grow, so you can put them on the cork bark, wood, branches etc. and it will grow. Just found out and going to get some of these for my P. cambridgei enclosure. :) Here are some examples:
Tillandsia bulbosa
Tillandsia brachycaulus
Tillandsia ixioides

Dangergirl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks Motorkar - will look at the rock thing tonight and perhaps re-arrange - I'm still a noob remember :eek: and really appreciate the advice !!
I will add the tillandsias I sourced today once the tanks are in their final position of the shelves :) I spent the day finishing up the wiring and trim !

Dangergirl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ha ha ha, they really arent that difficult to make ... I just use a little imagination I guess :eek:

Motorkar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
In my A. versi enclosure I have planted dying orchid, wich opened its leaves and she made a new leaf after a month and a half. :) In same enclosure I have forest moss(real one, not bought one), some grass from forest and ivy. All plants are growing nicely without any problems. :) For second arboreal enclosure for my P. cambridgei I will use forest moss and tillandsias, that bulb tillantzia looks just amazing and it will go grat with my bark backround.

Like I said before once, your enclosures look amazing. ;) What kind of lightning do you use? And don't worry, I bet lot of us made mistakes with rocks I bet. :) You have a lot of spiders in your collection since you are short time in the hobby. I had my first one, B. smithi for a bit more than an a year now, and this year I got the other two. But I think your spiders feel right at home. ;)

Spyderboy she makes good enclosures indeed! But like she said, you just need to use your imagination a bit, research a bit about live plants what you can plant inside the enclosures, you take some wooden branches, roots atc near the river sides and you make a perfect setup and thats it. ;)

Dangergirl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yup, agreed Motorkar ... I follow the thread posted by "TheNatural" from Brazil and got a lot of ideas from there (search for it)
I love spending time in nature and trying to copy a small pice of it in an enclosure. I am running halogen downlighters and incandescent bulbs and the real plants I'm using seem to be growing OK.

Arachnoholic420

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Wow cool collection!!!!... and you got some truly amazing enclosure set up's!!!
Great shots!!! Keep them pics coming!!!

Peace!!!
Armando

Motorkar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That P. regalis trully a beaty! How big is s/he?

And I know about TheNatural's enclosures they were trully amazing... He had some bad luck and they took all his spiders away.:evil:

Dangergirl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My kids just chilling out ...

"Brad" most often times is looking out the side of the enclosure in the window of his hollow log

"Lucy" on her favorite spot

And newest arrival "India" settled in on the bark hollow. Wow, she is a stunner. As long as my hand. Beautiful girl !!

Motorkar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Do I need to repeat myself that they are beatiful? Yes I do!:clap:
Can you post pictures of the enclosure setups of these three?

Dangergirl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Some enclosures as requested

Here's India's house :

Lucy the G.rosea :

Diablo the LP :

... and here are two enclosures i'm working on : One with excavator sand experiment, and a larger tropical terrarium enclosure ...(not done yet)

And a sneak peek at a part of my shelves (finished on Monday :))

Titandan

Arachnopeon
Wow! Dangergirl! Haha! I can totally tell you love what you are doing!

Why not sell some of your enclosures? I bet you can make some money off of it!

Your set ups are truly stunning!

Blessings,
-dan