Cyriopagopus sp. Singapore Blue

Loaf

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Any threads out there sugesting how to set up an enclosure, or anyone have any advice? Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

seanbond

Arachnoking
Old Timer
my experience

as slings they burrow.....as they grow they become more arboreal to the point of which iv had to change my adult females enclosure to more of that setup.....hope it helps, not the most voracious eaters either so dont be mad...

metallica

Arachnoking
Old Timer
for goodness sake use the search button.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I have been told by someone who has been in the hobby for a long time that they are arboreal in the wild and terrestrial when kept in captivity. I have quite a few of them at the moment, 7 slings and an adult male and female. The slings all burrow and I rarely see them. The adult female burrows and has quite a tunnel system, but she doesn't hide much, she is out and active often. The male I just bought and was told he was living in an arboreal set up. I think its probably best to assume they will be pet holes as slings and then provide a semi arboreal set up as juvies into adults, that way they can choose, burrow, live higher up, or both.

Loaf

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ill search button all over YOUR FACE metallica! :embarrassed: :embarrassed:

Hey thanks everyone for the help! You guys rock! I really do appreciate it!
I know most of you are pretty cool on here! :worship: :worship: :}

dianedfisher

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Loaf: Beware-there may well come a day when you seek the wisdom and experience of mentors such as Metallica. Tread carefully and be cautious with your replies until you become familiar with the resident "Spider Whisperers" and "Tarantula Wizards" present on the board. They deserve your respect and will be very helpful in the years you will own your new T.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yaknow i might have phrased it differently but metallica has a point...

I think i'll go start another "my rose-hair hasn't eaten for a week" thread... :rolleyes:

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
lmao {D :worship:

Seriously though...why the heck is it so hard for people to take 5 minutes and attempt to find/use the search engine on this forum (or any others)???

Loaf, I do respect the fact that you posted asking for links to threads with the information you desire as opposed to simply saying "spoon feed me" :) I have said it before on this forum and others I use (or used to)...why the search engine is link is so mall and monotone with the rest of the text in the area is beyond me. Would be nice to be able to "highlight" it in some fashion :)

As for the info you requested I will simply say that I recommend you use the search engine here on the forums. Link is in the first horizontal blue bar towards the right hand side. I also advise that you "hover" over the link so a drop down menu appears and use the "advanced" version. This will allow you to search specific forums to search in instead of EVERY forum! You may already known all that...if so, then it may be beneficial to someone who may not :}

There have been numerous posts about these T's and your questions. Btw, you are aware that the males don't get that colorful, correct? At least that is my understanding, been a while since I have read about them. Good luck!

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Loaf: Beware-there may well come a day when you seek the wisdom and experience of mentors such as Metallica. Tread carefully and be cautious with your replies until you become familiar with the resident "Spider Whisperers" and "Tarantula Wizards" present on the board. They deserve your respect and will be very helpful in the years you will own your new T.
Anyone who says that deserves no respect.

desertdweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey thanks everyone for the help! You guys rock! I really do appreciate it!
I know most of you are pretty cool on here! :worship: :worship: :}
Hey, hope you find a good natural creation for your new beauty. If you want to see the master of T enclosures check out robc. He has a thread and photos of one of his tanks right now. Incredible and beautiful. I think the new thread is something like "New T blondi enclosure."

Most of the folks here are nice. I just ignore the ignorant.

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

Seriously though...why the heck is it so hard for people to take 5 minutes and attempt to find/use the search engine on this forum (or any others)???

!
we live in a fast-food world unfortuanly but the main reason is laziness.....Google, ask.com, i mean you have got to understand the frustration we have, for seeing thread, after thread, after thread with topics that have been answered millions of times over:wall: .

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
Maybe it's time for a little lesson in why threads get out of control. We have a question to start the thread... granted, it shows little to no research or thought put into it, but of course responses start like this:

This was edited, for those of you who've been following the thread. Rude, and not helpful.

Ill search button all over YOUR FACE metallica! :embarrassed: :embarrassed:
This causes defensiveness, and not much better behavior on the part of the OP.

Now we get people dog-piling on, because of course, if the mods/Admins haven't edited it in 5 seconds, it must be OK to keep piling it on... like so:

Yaknow i might have phrased it differently but metallica has a point...

I think i'll go start another "my rose-hair hasn't eaten for a week" thread... :rolleyes:
...and so:

For crap's sake, people, either post a recommendation to the search function and leave it there, or if you simply can't be bothered to say anything constructive, take a pass.

not helpful, not nice, not in accordance with the rules for the forum.
You had already reported the post... your job was done, and this doesn't help.

Does anyone have any questions?

We now return you to what is left of this thread.

Loaf

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
HAHA, this is the most replies ive gotten in a thread ever!
Crazy Arachnodrama!
Anyway thanks for the help and advice, i appreciate you guys taking your time to help a sucker out!
Im sorry i got defensive! But i thought it was kind of a clever remark and was not meant to be malicious at all! (Sorry Metallica) I mean really, how does one search button on someones face ?? Im almost positive if Metallica can dish it he can take it too.
I swear i do try the search engines before i ask anything, but I couldnt find anything. Maybe i was lookin for love in all the wrong places!

Peace and Chicken Grease!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sophia :D

imjim

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
HAHA, this is the most replies ive gotten in a thread ever!
Crazy Arachnodrama!
Anyway thanks for the help and advice, i appreciate you guys taking your time to help a sucker out!
Im sorry i got defensive! But i thought it was kind of a clever remark and was not meant to be malicious at all! (Sorry Metallica) I mean really, how does one search button on someones face ?? Im almost positive if Metallica can dish it he can take it too.
I swear i do try the search engines before i ask anything, but I couldnt find anything. Maybe i was lookin for love in all the wrong places!

Peace and Chicken Grease!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sophia :D
; )

I just got a Singapore blue so I was interested of the replies. I was then surprised ; )

I used google a lot to find very limited information about the Singapore blue. I couldn't find a care sheet like what's available for the Chilian rose.

It seems as a spider-ling it stays on the ground then goes arboreal at some point? My 2.5" Singapore blue has webbed (with added substrate) itself on the bottom (at ground level) along the side of the terrarium. I am doing a light misting every other day or so and it seems OK (no reaction to water) within that environment. It seems to me if tarantulas do not like water, humidity (damp substrate) they begin to climb the terrarium wall but that may be difficult to tell with the Singapore blue because of its terrestrial, arboroeal cycle.

Last edited:

GartenSpinnen

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Heres a quick breakdown on this species i hope this helps you. I really enjoy keeping this species and its by far one of my favorites, they are very interesting.

Housing- As slings you want to keep these guys in a setup with deep substrate but also room for them to be arboreal, they are both at this stage. Most of the time is spent in there burrows while they are young but occasionally they will want to climb around especially when they are hungry. I simple find a tall vial, fill it half way with peat and the other half i put in some fake plants and let them go from there. Usually, what they will do is construct a burrow then construct a tube web going up into the fake plants. As they get older gradually make the enclosure more arboreal and larger.

Humidity and Temperature- I keep these guys room temperature and they do great, which is around 75 during the day and down to 67-70 degrees at night. I keep them pretty humid probably around 70 % humidity. As slings provide a light misting about twice a week into there vials. As adults keep a full water dish at all times and mist about once or twice a week.

Feeding- At times i find these guys are voracious eaters then other times they wont eat so much. As slings i feed them 2 small roaches a week. As adults probably 2 large roaches a week will be fine. At times i will stretch feedings for adult tarantulas as long as 2 weeks. When i do this i make sure i feed them a little more and i ALWAYS make sure they have plenty of fresh clean water in there enclosures.

Temperament- I would describe this species as very skittish and slightly defensive as slings. When they grow larger they become more defensive but i have noticed they are more prone to run than anything else so always be prepared for that, especially during cage transfers. However, if kept properly feeding and cage cleaning usually is not a problem because usually they just run into there burrows or tube webs when disturbed.

Color- These guys start out a brownish color as slings and the females develop the nice purple or blue color as they get older. Males take on a more yellowish cream color, both sexes are beautiful in there own way. Most people say the color starts coming in at around 3" or so, or that is what i have heard most, however my sling started showing the blue color at about 2", im sure it will get more pronounced as it gets larger.

Need any more information just PM me i will be glad to help in any way that i can.

Cheers,
Nate