Genus Cyriopagopus (a.k.a. Haplopelma)

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah, you can see the striation present in even the old exuvium, that's surprising.

Steve

phormingochilus

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
The only Ornithoctonine species that I know of with this prominent striation is Haplopela albostriatum, but I have never heard of this species from as south as Malaysia, let alone a blue variety ... ;-)

Søren

Steve Nunn said:
Yeah, you can see the striation present in even the old exuvium, that's surprising.

Steve

Ralph

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
phormingochilus said:
The only Ornithoctonine species that I know of with this prominent striation is Haplopela albostriatum, but I have never heard of this species from as south as Malaysia, let alone a blue variety ... ;-)

Søren

Sorry .sir...im not certain if she was comes form Malaysian..I bought it as L.v.and we called it at:Malaysian bule legged earthtiger. So.
here you are. more pics

Attachments

Ralph

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
As i know.H.albo doesnt have any blue in legs..but you could easy to see the cobalt blue inside shes legs.And also has many striations present on legs.
Faint....Whats that???? I dont think this is a C.sp(malaysian blue legged earthtiger).I guessed the H.lividum... but i searched the pics of H.livudm...they are Not similar also.....

phormingochilus

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Don't be sorry ;-) To me it looks like a blue legged H. albostriatum or a H. lividum with leg striation. Could perhaps be a hybrid or an unusual colour variety of either two above species. Do you still have the exuviae? And can you perhaps inquire the dealer/collector/importer of the origin (country and preferably region/locality) of this specimen - and does he have any surplus I can buy ;-) (you can pm me with that info if available if you like). If you can send me the exuviae I can perhaps determine if it is any of the two above mentioned species or something else.

Regards
Søren

Ralph said:
Sorry .sir...im not certain if she was comes form Malaysian..I bought it as L.v.and we called it at:Malaysian bule legged earthtiger. So.
here you are. more pics

Ralph

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks. but im gonna ask the dealer about the locality of it.
yep.. after your ask....i have found some pics of H.albo...god..they are similary(Only the blue....Are Not)。 I have had 2 spiceman b4...but died one...so..i only have this one.
As for the exuviaes...Yep. i could find out some...and im very happy to send them to you. (I dunno how to PM you there about the adds).

phormingochilus

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
To private mail you just click my profile name and you will be presented with a set of options. One is to send a private message to me. Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards
Søren

Ralph said:
Thanks. but im gonna ask the dealer about the locality of it.
yep.. after your ask....i have found some pics of H.albo...god..they are similary(Only the blue....Are Not)。 I have had 2 spiceman b4...but died one...so..i only have this one.
As for the exuviaes...Yep. i could find out some...and im very happy to send them to you. (I dunno how to PM you there about the adds).

Jan Laros

Arachnopeon
Hello all,

I am relatively new to the hobby of keeping and studying invertebrates, so please don't judge me when I am wrong or saying something stupid. Isn't the picture in the link below somewhat similar to the one posted by Mr. Ralph? And can it really be H. albostriatum then?

Click

phormingochilus

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I believe it may be the same species, but I am not sure the blue in the specimen in your picture link is other than bad lighting or settings of the camera during the photo shoot as there is a distinct blue tint in the entire picture.

Regards
Søren

Jan Laros said:
Hello all,

I am relatively new to the hobby of keeping and studying invertebrates, so please don't judge me when I am wrong or saying something stupid. Isn't the picture in the link below somewhat similar to the one posted by Mr. Ralph? And can it really be H. albostriatum then?

Click

Ms. Peaches

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I just picked up this one up a few hours ago. I went to pick up a P. regalis but they hadn't come in yet...so instead of going home empty handed.. I bought this beauty.

If anyone see's anything wrong with my setup let me know. If not enjoy the pics.

tried getting some shots of the enclosure

Skypainter

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You might want to make a starter burrow for her by taking a 1.5 inch dowel and using that to form a burrow in one corner of the tank. I find that mine gladly moves in to the starter burrow and settles down faster this way.

Ms. Peaches

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks for the tip. I did make starter holes behind the hollowed out bark pieces for her/him. Should I make one in a more open spot? Last night she/he did web up over one of the bark pieces. If she/he hasnt borrowed by the time I get home from work today.. I will take your suggestion and see if that helps out. Again thanks. I am still learning but I do research as much as I can and want to do whats right for them. I keep a lot of snakes so following special requirements is something I am familar with.

robustum1

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hi,
i dont know which spider this is,
somebody an idea? its a male, have get him as schmidti...

Ralph

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I dont think this is a Halpopelma spp.......
looks like an american sp.

Ralph

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
chemosh6969 said:
My H. von wirthi has been out the last couple days for some reason. Can't figure out if anything is wrong or not but I got some pics of it.

WOW~~AWESOME... Could you take more pics???? so nice...

brgn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
robustum1 said:
hi,
i dont know which spider this is,
somebody an idea? its a male, have get him as schmidti...

Hi Jürgen

Did you get this spider as WC from Thailand? I have 2 specimens of something that migth be the same species. One have recently molted and I will send the exuvium to Søren and hope he can ID this species.

robustum1

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hallo together,
i dont think its american spider, because he hasnt got the hairs like american spiders.
i get him as h.schmidti. but you see.....its 100% no haplo schmidti.
i think its not haplopelma.
when he is molt, i looking to give the exuvium to Wirth, hope he can help...
i have post the pic to genus haplo, because i get him as haplo....
Sorry for my bad english:eek:

BakuBak

Arachnolord
Old Timer
kodak id : Hysterocrates but I don't remember if they had separated scapula on palps