Genus Cyriopagopus (a.k.a. Haplopelma)

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer

Fince

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
very nice Fince!!
pls send him to me when hes mature lol ;)

Thanks!

You are rather far from me..maybe:)

Now i read Soren's post on the T store forum, and i see maybe i need to replace this picture to the Genus Lampropelma topic?:?

eerie_von_lee

Arachnopeon
looks like a male^
hard to say to be honest ...

it's my 1st cyrio sub so i can only look @ pics and from what i've seen they deffo look very similar until adulthood.

i've been trying to get a good underside shot but glass keeps messing up my pics

as soon as i do i'll stick it up...

one thing is for sure though ... "FAST" is a bloody understatement !

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Thanks!

You are rather far from me..maybe:)

Now i read Soren's post on the T store forum, and i see maybe i need to replace this picture to the Genus Lampropelma topic?:?
yeah it looks like this may end up being the Real Lampropelma!
if u dont find a female pls contact me and mabey we can arrange to have him imported

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yeah, I guess I need to do some work on a couple threads.

IMO, I should take all the posts in the Lampropelma thread (stuff regarding the blue femured spider and the orange fringed spider) and merge them into THIS THREAD... that is until the time comes when a genus gets applied to them.

Then, you can put pictures of the "Borneo black" in the new empty Lamproplema thread.

How's that sound to everyone?

Eric

eerie_von_lee

Arachnopeon
cheers man ...

so it's a he ... i tell ya he's a wee cracker..

sitting full spread @ like 5"

fast as hell and no fear my tank is an exo terra terrarium *the big one*

stands 2 ft tall ... he'll sit at the top and watch me watching him... if he see's me coming towards he's offski ..

literally leaps from the top and lands on the floor on all 4's x 2 :D

then straight up into the threat pose ...

i know that arboreals have better eyes than terrestrials - but in my opinion kit can deffo see a lot more than it's believed he can !!

thoughts ??

seanbond

Arachnoking
Old Timer
syndicate this is what i meant. theres a dark purp form which i have and a almost completely black form like ^. both of mine are around the same size give or take an inch. surprising you never noticed this. i even have a female on the way thats more blue and its around 7inch..interesting..

chris 71

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i noticed how dark my girl looks here she is very dark but i think it has to do with age and the molt cycle i have more pics of the same spider looking far more purple

phormingochilus

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
The singapore blues tend to become darker blue with age and size, with a darkening of the carapace as well. Up to a molt the loose the iridescence and become darker in colour - almost black.

Regards
Søren

seanbond

Arachnoking
Old Timer
thanx soren for that imput, i have several specimans all diff phases of adulthood...