Genus Cyriopagopus (a.k.a. Haplopelma)

phormingochilus

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Cyriopagopus sp. "Black"

Enjoy this new black arboreal beauty from Borneo.

You will see more of these at Stuttgart ;-)

Søren

Last edited:

phormingochilus

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Yeah it is hard to capture the beauty of this black beast on a photo. But at least you can see the massive legs, much more short and stocky than we are used to see in Cyriopagopus. And it is sweet and cuddly as a pussy cat - just as the Singablues when they get fully grown ;-)

Søren

nice but they look better in real life Soren!

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
sp. "blue" sling. she molted while the forums were down and i moved her into a new container today.

Tarantula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Cyriopagopus sp. "blue" - Adult female. This is the girl I bought from you in Hamm Søren! She is really nice! :)

TarantulaLV

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Here she is! 3.0 inches. Thanks for the amazing adult female shots above! She looks purplish its the lighting. Color coming in :)

Steven.WK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks. She's such a good girl that she sat still long enough for me to get a ton of shots.

I wonder if it's the angle of the shots. But my spider seems stockier than the other pics posted, the legs look thicker. Could there be a body difference between same species but different locations. Mine is from Malaysia.

phormingochilus

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Your specimen is older - it can be seen by the more dark carapace and the darker blue coloration. It is the same species => body morphology is the same = not stockier by locality but by age ;-)

Did I post this here before? Big female:

Søren

Thanks. She's such a good girl that she sat still long enough for me to get a ton of shots.

I wonder if it's the angle of the shots. But my spider seems stockier than the other pics posted, the legs look thicker. Could there be a body difference between same species but different locations. Mine is from Malaysia.

Steven.WK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ah that explains it. Do you know when these spiders are matured? Since mine is about 7". I thought it's a young adult or maybe even sub-adult.

Kool pic btw .. she must type really fast with all those legs {D

phormingochilus

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
When they get the blue colouration they are sexually mature. When the carapace darkens their growth slows down and they are fully mature. The female in he picture is around the 9", but they can grow to 10".

Søren

Ah that explains it. Do you know when these spiders are matured? Since mine is about 7". I thought it's a young adult or maybe even sub-adult.

Kool pic btw .. she must type really fast with all those legs {D

TarantulaLV

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
When they get the blue colouration they are sexually mature. When the carapace darkens their growth slows down and they are fully mature. The female in he picture is around the 9", but they can grow to 10".

Søren
Are you refering to the blue as opposed to that purple coloring that juves seem to have? The younger ones are colored too do they chang at the 7 inch mark or so? Maybe this was answered above if so I apologize.