Genus Cyriopagopus (a.k.a. Haplopelma)

phormingochilus

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Subadult female from the batch of Sejnas female ;-)

Enjoy ;-)

Søren

RichardDegville said:
LOL god struth the plot thickens :? yeh looking at both pics its light on the latter I know photos are worth a 1000 words but can be totally usless when compairing specimens or identifying un common sp.
I need a spider break cuppa tea time i think thanks for the photos guys
smoke me a kipper ill be back for breakfast!

phormingochilus

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Yep - the art of drawing - and indeed illustrating is very delicate ... what to include? what to leave out? In this case photos of key characters can be more revealing when still in the process of establishing which characters are valid and which are not. When the characters are firmly established illustrations are usually more explanatory than photos.

So I guess Volker might benefit from a little trip to the UK and some days with Smith to sort out some of the questions floating in the air ;-)

Very Best Regards
Søren

Martin H. said:
Hi,

and this was based on comparisons with Andre Smith's drawings of the type material: >>click here<<

all the best,
Martin

RichardDegville

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
(sips his tea) now whats going to be done about the 'blue' type? is this indeed a nov.sp in which case who ever describes it (the books open lads)
will need to deposit the 'type' and does any one in the hobby have an adult yet barr Alvin? you cant really describe from exuvia (needless to say,
specimens continue to grow and change and moults crumble in museum
collections.(RCW). ) So whats to be done I wounder?
I hear on the grape vine that Volker and Andrew Smith disagree over the IDs of these 'blue' specimens? I forgot who told me that now but this must mean they are getting closer and working together? so maybe a joint description could be a possiblity?

phormingochilus

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Now that is good news ;-)

Søren

Martin H. said:
Hi,
about two weeks ago, when A. Smith did his two lectures in Stuttgart, they spent several days together and also visited the Museum in Berlin together to study material laying there... and of course they discussed a lot of topics! =;-)

Cheers,
Martin

phormingochilus

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Problem is Abrahams original description which apparently deals with more than one species and all are described as one; L. violaceopes. Mix this with two likely candidates for the title L. violaceopes from the same region, and the uncertainty if they are alltogether new species or any one of the species originally described as L. violaceopes. Only an examination and redescription of Abrahams deposited material labelled as L. violaceopes will clear that out and open for the possibility of new species descriptions if needed.

So hold your horses - taxonomy takes time - looong time ;-)

Very Best Regards
Søren

RichardDegville said:
(sips his tea) now whats going to be done about the 'blue' type? is this indeed a nov.sp in which case who ever describes it (the books open lads)
will need to deposit the 'type' and does any one in the hobby have an adult yet barr Alvin? you cant really describe from exuvia (needless to say,
specimens continue to grow and change and moults crumble in museum
collections.(RCW). ) So whats to be done I wounder?
I hear on the grape vine that Volker and Andrew Smith disagree over the IDs of these 'blue' specimens? I forgot who told me that now but this must mean they are getting closer and working together? so maybe a joint description could be a possiblity?

RichardDegville

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yep I think we have a long wait :confused: but it makes a nice change of topic from what the best substrate you use huh lol

Michael.NEGRINI

Arachnopeon
Thanks Martin and Soren for your answers ;-) And also for this interesting discussion.
We keep in touch for the male Soren ;-)

How do I have to call my "mystery" Cyriopagopus ? C. cf. schioedtei ? or it's a well known geographical variant from a precise locality ?

phormingochilus

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Cyriopagopus schioedtei dcf (dark color form) as we do it with Pterinochilus murinus ???

Søren

Michael.NEGRINI said:
Thanks Martin and Soren for your answers ;-) And also for this interesting discussion.
We keep in touch for the male Soren ;-)

How do I have to call my "mystery" Cyriopagopus ? C. cf. schioedtei ? or it's a well known geographical variant from a precise locality ?

armstrong82

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
wow, those are some of the best pics i have ever seen. i only have one Haplopelma at this time. it is a lividum. Personally, this is one of my favorite T's.

No name

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
armstrong82 said:
wow, those are some of the best pics i have ever seen. i only have one Haplopelma at this time. it is a lividum. Personally, this is one of my favorite T's.

Hi,

Thanks for your compliment.
Just like other south america species, some asia species has also what it can offer in term of its magnificant apperance. If you observed them carefully enough, they have great details, just like others.

Regards,

priZZ

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Is that the price for Your H. schmidti? :D

If so, please write me an eMail! {D

FryLock

Banned
Old Timer
priZZ said:
Is that the price for Your H. schmidti? :D

If so, please write me an eMail! {D
I dont know what his price is but his name is "ben green" {D

Citharischius

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Wow i really like that Schmidti !! I want one for quite a while now ... But cant find it :8o

100 Dollars is a good price :D maybe more ? she is adult female ...

Arachnoking

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Just out of interest how big are they. ?

why does the webbing look blue on that second pic :? :)

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
If they're from the same batch as the ones sold at the BTS (and I'd assume they are) they look very blue for their size!

RichardDegville

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Bloody hell there's no pleasing some people just nit pick at every thing :? first I want to see a pic now the pics not good enough the photographed specimen is male its a good bit bigger than my females the females are more brown possible premoult or just retared growth due to being females that males just moulted :D just sit back and enjoy the pic dude I'll take some photos of the females in due course for you to have a nit pic at NOT lol :)

Leon I dont know if they are from the same batch at the BTS show Alvin never said + Brendan has a 3.5 specimen sent direct also soooooooo...... :confused: my new camera does kinda pic out all the colours im well chuffed with it {D

Arachnoking

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Heres a ventral view of one of my Cyriopagopus sp "blue" anyone care to take a guess at what sex it is?. i still have another which is shedding.

Keep your hair on Rich lol :D