Curious: Scorp vs Bullet Ant sting

Shagrath666

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've had plenty of lion fish before. Never got tagged, though :)
dont try to, my first time was a "hmmm lets see how bad this is" experience. ITS BAD!!! dumb mistake on my part, but then again i was just getting into the venomous creatures and it was a good learning experience. Since then ive been tagged by a Dwarf lion, and that was on the pinkie, had swelled up for 3 days and hurt immensely, the only indicator of when the pain will stop is when the blisters get so big the pop on thier own.

but im all for this bullet ant, bring it on!! you only live once, build as much venom tolerance as you can while you can or die trying!!!

bjaeger

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I haven't owned any for ~10 years.

Could you imagine what it would feel like to be tagged by a regular lion? They're so much bigger than the dwarfs. Ouch.

Shagrath666

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I haven't owned any for ~10 years.

Could you imagine what it would feel like to be tagged by a regular lion? They're so much bigger than the dwarfs. Ouch.
they say that the dwarfs are worse, chemically speaking and amount, but ive been tagged by both, adult Volitan is much much worse

Rydog

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well I managed to find the pic of the bullet ant. Its kinda blurry so I apoligize for that (its as easy taking photos in the rainforest).

RichardMorris

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
That's a BFA. And it looks like it's about to feed.

Along the same train of thought, I was under the impression that soldier ants (in a jungle) bite rather than sting as well. And they have a major bad reputation as well.

Do fire ants sting or bite?

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
That's a BFA. And it looks like it's about to feed.

Along the same train of thought, I was under the impression that soldier ants (in a jungle) bite rather than sting as well. And they have a major bad reputation as well.

Do fire ants sting or bite?
sting! i didn't think they were that bad when i tried it...

furball677

Arachnosquire
Some scorpion stings are definitely more dangerous, but the bullet ant is purported to have the most painful sting. Not sure there has to be a correlation between how deadly and how painful a sting is. Probably not.
You have to consider the fact that the schmidt pain index is only insect stings, not arachnids. And most of the time when they say that bullet ants have the most painful sting, they're not counting arachnids. I know this is old, but I thought I would clarify that.

Pipa

Arachnoknight
I've heard you can be hiking, minding your own business and a bullet ant will drop from the tree and land on you and sting the snot outta ya !!!