Cat obsessed with b hamorii?

Anoplogaster

Arachnodemon
Look for a small, used, bookcase online (the Ikea ones are usually cheap and easy to find), get a couple of pieces of thin acrylic cut to size to fit on the front and attach them with some velcro. It's easy, inexpensive and effective. If you want to have it more elaborate, then you can attach the acrylic with proper hinges to make doors.
You can see them, the cats can see them, and everyone is kept safe.
View attachment 307661
I feel like that photo needs a caption!

sourpatchkid

Arachnopeon
My small black cat is similar, she tries to open the kitter keeper and occasionally bats at the cage. The B. Hammorri displays a threat posture whenever she comes near, but never at me. Just goes to show that the Ts understand who the real threat is...

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
My small black cat is similar, she tries to open the kitter keeper and occasionally bats at the cage. The B. Hammorri displays a threat posture whenever she comes near, but never at me. Just goes to show that the Ts understand who the real threat is...
I don’t think I’ve ever seen a b hamorii and threat posture but I get it ...cats are....

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
I don’t think I’ve ever seen a b hamorii and threat posture but I get it ...cats are....
Wait I just googled b hamorri in threat posture and I couldn’t find one pic. Your T must be wack — or your cat unbelievably horrifying lmao

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Sounds awesome and seems cheap enough. The pic of that cat looking at the enclosure is pretty hilarious too
Cassius is actually a very good boy and I have never seen him do anything other than sit and watch them like that. It's this little murderer, Nigel, who would kill every last one of them if he could. I have caught him pawing on the acrylic barriers several times - not even the tiniest movement goes unnoticed by him. That is why I have a healthy fear of someone getting loose in this house... a loose spider is a dead spider.
DSC08149-2.jpg

Last edited:

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
Cassius is actually a very good boy and I have never seen him do anything other than sit and watch them like that. It's this little murderer, Nigel, who would kill every last one of them if he could. I have caught him pawing on the acrylic barriers several times - not even the tiniest movement goes unnoticed by him. That is why I have a healthy fear of someone getting loose in this house... a loose spider is a dead spider.
View attachment 307668
That’s interesting because my most “primal” (?) cat is a tiny grey tabby...I have a big black cat that looks to be about the size of yours and he doesn’t even know what to do when he sees a roach (my house is clean but this is FL, they get in sometimes) but, yeah...definitely have to keep your spiders safe with predators like cats around obviously lol

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
These pics are killing me though...I’d love endless photos of cats eyeing T’s as bad as that is

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
I don’t think I’ve ever seen a b hamorii and threat posture but I get it
Wait I just googled b hamorri in threat posture and I couldn’t find one pic.
There’s an image of one floating around here. Was it from @The Grym Reaper ? I could be wrong.
Yep, that's Elektra

View media item 38839