Species Brachypelma emilia

Gwegowee

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
wow.. interesting method of rehousing.... lol... how long did it take?? I dont think I have rehoused a T quite that quickly or easily!!! very nice spiders!

guitarlust

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
such a beautiful T. i cant wait till mine gets that big. it just molted and is about an inch long and is beginning to show a little coloration. exciting times are ahead.

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I paired my female Brachypelma emilia this evening with a male here on loan from Nerri1029.

The female's container is a bit small, so I decided to originally let them mate outside of the container. However, after 20-30 minutes of them touching each other and running, I put them both in the female's container.

The male drummed a few times once in her container and she was on the other side. The female responded by drumming and slowly (over the course of 5-10 minutes) worked her way towards the male, who was facing the other direction. Once she was practically on top of him (from behind), he turned and they quickly came together.

Mating was very quick, less than a minute. It looked like there could have been insertions. After they parted, the female lunged at the male (after he had unhooked her) and she chased him into a corner of the tank as I was trying to seperate them. The male got out unharmed.

I will try again in a few days. :)

Last edited:

GQ.

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Wow. Those are great looking tarantulas! Best of luck to both you and Nerri. :)

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Thanks, everyone. I'm going to give it another shot in a few days and try the "cooling" period after awhile. Hopefully something will come of this.

Damn spiders.. my hands have been itching all night... :rolleyes:

xgrafcorex

Thread Killer
Old Timer
becca81 said:
Damn spiders.. my hands have been itching all night... :rolleyes:
heh thats the labor of love for you. :} best of luck with a sac! best looking brachys imo :D

Gesticulator

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Awesome pics Becca. B emilia is one of the most beautiful species, IMO. Instead of a cigarette, how about a benadryl???

OldHag

ArachnoHag
Old Timer
Andros666 said:
how old is your female? beautifuls colors

Id like to know how old she is as well. I have 2 B. emilia for over a year and they dont seem to have grown.. at all...At this rate they will mature sometime in 2020.

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
OldHag said:
Id like to know how old she is as well. I have 2 B. emilia for over a year and they dont seem to have grown.. at all...At this rate they will mature sometime in 2020.
Not sure. I got this one in January as 4"+ unsexed and she didn't eat until June, after finally molting. She's only just over a month out of her molt and the male is fresh, so I'm hoping this will work.

Camberwell

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Good day all,

My B.emilia just molted, got a few shots and I quite like this one...

Camberwell