Species Brachypelma emilia

c7me

Arachnopeon
I shrunk the picture down by 40%. Original way to large for posting. I just bought a Canon Powershot S1 IS, pulled it out of the box, slapped the batteries in, and snapped a shot. Okay, now I need to read the instruction book.

PS: She is due for a molt soon.. so her colors aren’t to sharp right now!

Edit: I cut the image size down again for faster loading.

Last edited:

jdcarrel

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
looks good, though you need to change the picture format to make it downloadable for 56k people. :)

priZZ

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
The camera You bought is somewhere on the top of the best compact digicams list. My friend had also one, and made good pix with it. I hope You'll enjoy You cam as well.

I wanna buy a Canon EOS300D, or something semi professional. :cool:

c7me

Arachnopeon
56k / Dialup - What's That?

Thanks everyone! I spent some time reading all the camera reviews online and went with the S1 IS.

PS: kornordie, I cut the size & quality down for the 56k people. I forgot that technology still existed....
Just Kidding :D

shogun804

Arachnogeneral
Old Timer
that yellow goo is the eggs....i hope you were being sarcastic. anyway was that her waterdish or did you put that in there on purpose? awsome pics and congrats on the eggsac i will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Tony

Arachno-pragmatarian
Old Timer
Holley
How did you induce her to lay? Ive tried to keep her as cool as I can, heat her up...Flooded her....etc
T

SergioCR

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Excellent photos! they show the process of "egg-wrapping" :D just amazing ! Congratulations!

JohnxII

Avicoholic
Old Timer
That's a big sac you have there! The water dish looks like a comfy spot for that purpose...

Spider-man 2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
YAY for Holley!! I remember when we tried to breed those guys, they were hilarious!

WOW, how smart of the spider to use her water dish to create the eggsac. The dip is water dish was a perfect place for her to do that. That makes me think that that tarantulas are smarter then I think.

How long did it take her to make that web mat?

MyNameHere

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Go you! :D

Those pics are Kuh-RAYZEE!!! The first one looks like it's "sunny side up" ;) Hope they're not scrambled, though. :)

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
thanks everyone! Tony, I didn't do a thing temp wise. I just introduced multiple males (even at the same time!). I never saw any mating, except with Xanxo's old male twice. Ralph's male cohabitated with her for months, he finally died of old age the day before she began her sac construction.
I have NO idea if that helped, or not. I did the same thing with B smithi, along with cooling. flooding etc, and she never made a sac. (or molted, for that matter).
Yes, that is her waterdish, but as I'd noticed her sitting in it alot, I left it dry the last time I did cage maintenance. I'll have to put another one in there for her, since she seems quite fond of it, and is still rolling the sac around, and sitting in it. I try to use a gently sloped dish in all my females containers that have been bred (terrestrial), since the slope of the dishes make them perfect places to start a sac construction.
I feel very lucky to have even gotten this far. I don't have a mech mom, so I'm not sure about leaving it with her. I am terrified she's going to eat it.
I've got her quiet and dark though, so I'll probably hope for the best. I want her to have it for the first couple weeks anyway.