blue fang owners.. some questions

kido

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
are blue fang's pet holes in your experience?

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yes, but they usually sit at the entrance of their burrow's. It's easy to see them until you startle or scare them back down the burrow. :( Even though I don't see mine all that much, they are still very high on my list of favorites because they look so sweet. When I got mine I placed them inside taller enclosures with enough substrate to burrow down 5-6 inches and then pre-made a burrow alongside of the plastic. Both of my blue fangs used the pre-started burrow's and now I can see them all the time no matter where they are :p

bamato

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
This is an AWESOME species! Very skittish though. Mine sits at the entrance to her burrow at night and stays deep down during the day. However, if I get up at like 3am sometimes I'll catch a glimpse of her if I leave the lights off in the animal room. To be honest, the gorgeous-ness of these T's make up for the occasional viewing only. :) Very high on my list :)

dianedfisher

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
They seem to readily accept a pre-made burrow, so make the burrow in a visible area. I have mine in a square container with the burrow down one corner. She has webbed the burrow somewhat, but it still very visible. I love my little girl. Di

This is what I moved her into. She has excavated a little more room at the bottom since she laid her first sac.

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Mine isn't. Little one inch sling that I've had since Jan refuses to make a burrow {D

dianedfisher

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ephebopus Cyanognathus

And Diane, when did yours make the sac? :)
She laid her sac on 12/05. Ended up with about 40-3rd instars to split with Anastasia. They are living with her. She also has a new sac of 1st instars that will probably be for sale in the next month or 2. Di

SylverTear

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
She laid her sac on 12/05. Ended up with about 40-3rd instars to split with Anastasia. They are living with her. She also has a new sac of 1st instars that will probably be for sale in the next month or 2. Di
Hmm...how much are you willing to part with one for? :p

kido

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
thanks for all who replied.. my brother's been thinking of getting one but we are concerned with it now being seen an all.. i've got a robustum that i barely seen after i placed it in its enclosure.. it dug a hole and has stayed there since :( .. i guess after it molts i'll move it to another enclosure and make a pre dug hole that is visible so i could see it more often..

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I believe the entire ephebopus genus are burrowers.

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I believe the entire ephebopus genus are burrowers.

you must be right then... I guess I will have to go back to the Guianas for the fourth time to re-evaluate my observations on the field.

I suggest you might want to read the Marshall and West article on the ontogenetic habitat shift with E. murinus.

Martin

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
you must be right then... I guess I will have to go back to the Guianas for the fourth time to re-evaluate my observations on the field.

I suggest you might want to read the Marshall and West article on the ontogenetic habitat shift with E. murinus.

Martin

I'm choosing to take your first statement as sarcasm. If I'm wrong, feel free to correct me.

I have no interest in articles upon articles about habitat shifts, etc. But thanks for the suggestion.

I was merely stating what I believed, not what was set in stone. Nowhere in this thread have you posted anything of relevance as far as adults being burrowers is concerned, only slings being arboreal in nature (by the way, us keeping them would not be considered 'in nature', so your statement means nothing in this instance. I just chose not to be an ass about it.)

If you were not being sarcastic, then please accept my apologies. Otherwise, with all due respect, lose the sarcasm.