Blood everywhere!!!!!

Red Eyes

Arachnoknight
Old Timer

J_dUbz88

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
okay but Jdubz you come off as stupid
If i come off as stupid your ignorance once again defines you, but then agian if someone ripped me up and discredited me as much as i did you i would be sore too and im sure if i was 14 again i might even name call, like calling someone stupid or a poopy head.

Red Eyes thank you for backing me up and offering some further intelligence. I tip my hat to you good sir (or lady)

ThomasH

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
There's no need to be so rude. Just chill.

Red Eyes thank you for backing me up......
You said 6.5', the pasted piece said a occasional maximum of 72" that would be 6'. Not they get.........

Also, cage size is only an opinion. I've heard people say that Corns can't live without ten square feet and one guy told me that you can keep Black Rats in Deli Cups their whole lives. I'm just saying you shouldn't guilt trip or say "they need" when you talk about cage size.

TBH

Red Eyes

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Since the name Blood python can describe a few different pythons as seen here " ... Common name: Borneo Python

Scientific name: Python breitensteini

Other common names: Borneo short-tailed python, Borneo blood python. [In light of the recognition of this taxon as a full species, we are proposing that the common name for this species be amended from “Borneo short-tailed python” to “Borneo python. This is the only python species that is endemic to the island of Borneo, and we feel that the common name “Borneo python” is both informative and the most concise name for this taxon.]

Size: This is a very heavy-bodied snake. Large adults may have a massive girth. The head is long and broad, wider than the neck; the tail is short and tapers sharply. Most adult females measure 32"-50" in total length, most adult males measure 24"-40" in total length. It’s not unusual for older females to attain 60” in total length and the maximum size for the taxon approaches 6½ feet in total length and exceeds 30 pounds in weight. quoted from http://www.vpi.com/publications/borneo_pythons_information_and_care_sheet (Yes before you start picking again it does say approaches ;P )

Here is a pic of a female Borneo python http://www.ball-pythons.net/forums/showthread.php?t=60161 beside a yard stick. Now I used this program http://www.serpwidgets.com/Apps/measure.html to measure the snake
in the picture and the reading I have is 84.7 inches.

J_dUbzz88 said " ... The store owner also swears they grow up to 6.5 feet" As you can see he says "up to" not do.

Last edited:

DavidD

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
No the snake is a different ssp. Jdubz the real prob is that a keeper is inhumanly cageing the snake

Asgard

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I am not sure if it is said or not...but it is a Python Curtus Brongersmai...and as all Python Curtus...it is defensive...and can deliver very nasty bites... been there...a few times...it requires higher humidity than P Regius...

BillsBugs

Arachnopeon
Bloods are not what they are hyped up to be with their attitudes.... Yes some are nasty tempered, but so are some ball pythons and cornsnakes. Anything with a mouth can bite, like saying pitbulls are mean dogs... I own a pitbull, doberman, and irish setter. The only dog I own who bit someone was my irish setter.

Size variences will be dependent on the locality. Malaysians and Bankas will be of the larger spieces. The Borneo and Sumtrans are actually short tailed pythons, but that is besides the point. They are both a smaller species.

... as for Balls not reaching 6ft, you have a lot of learning to do. Northern localities in west africa produce larger ball pythons that can exceed 6ft. There also is no Dimorphism in ball pythons which means there will be no size difference in males and females. You might have gotten your facts at petsmart where they will tell you that and try to sell you frozen fuzzies to feed your adult ball.

I own males and females that are 6ft and well over 3000 grams.... it's based on locality, and husbandry.

boidaddic

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Wow

It never surprises me how worked up people get about topics like this haha. As for blood pythons, I dont claim to be an expert or anything but their one of my passions. I'm not quite sure why people are getting bent out of shape, I've had my bloods for about 5 years and my female has not exceeded 4.5 feet and they live just fine in a animal plastics 3x2x1. IMO its not common for them to get over 5 feet i'm sure there are some exceptions but whatever. Ya'll have fun lol
Peace,
Eric

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You had me all excited with title. Beautiful none the less
Do you know how many people would get on me if i showed anything too graphic containing blood, a snake, and maybe even a mouse or rat? lol

P.E.T.A (people eating tasty animals) would have my neck quickly lol..