Best unexpected freebie(s) you've ever received?

John2097

Arachnoknight
Arachnosupporter
Adult female B. hamorii from someone here in arachnoboard. Who happened to live close by and was able to pick it up from NY :)

And another one when I purchased adult female P vitatta for $120 shipped. There was delayed on shipment. But the person was very nice to make it up for the delay by sending 5” female p metalica for free. Boy I don’t know if that won’t make your sad day to happy day lol

mmfh

Arachnobaron
Believe it or not the best freebie I've ever been given was a little black hole spider. It's not a tarantula but it has a nice disposition and is interesting and long lived. Would love to breed it but don't know which variety of black hole spider it is :( oh well.

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
The two notable ones I’ve gotten are P cam that ended up female and H gabonensis. P cam is growing up and I see her quite a bit these days. Unfortunately the H gabonensis died for no apparent reason. Needless to say I was pretty bummed, as it’s a really cool species.

lazarus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
- Phormictopus sp. "Green" sling
- Sericopelma sp. Santa Catalina, in this case I've ordered one sling and received two instead
- Not quite a freebie but I've ordered an unsexed M. robustum sling and got a sexed juvie female instead

Also got as freebies 2xOBTs, 3xLPs, 2xB. albopilosum, C. marshalli, N. chromatus, N. coloratovillosus, C. huahini, C. sp. Hati-Hati, A. avicularia, P. irminia

Jesse607

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hysterocrates laticeps
C."hati hati"
C. versicolor
Aphonopelma mareki

Dannica

Arachnosquire
It’s a toss up between a C.laeta and a couple D.pentaloris slings. Also have gotten a couple B.albopilosum, and some A.ezendami!

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
Just got 5 Macroctenus kingsleyi and 2 Heteropoda sp. "flores" as freebies. Easily take the cake for me.

MikeofBorg

Arachnosquire
Aphonopelma seemanni blue morph. Unexpected freebie with a mature female Aphonopelma chalcodes I bought. The guy liked the comment I made about his beautiful A seemanni blue morphs he had so he sent me a sling with the Arizona Blonde I bought. It turned out being male but a very good looking spider. Still a sub adult at 18 months old. Pretty fast grower too, pushing 3.5 inches DLS from a 1 inch sling in 18 months. He had one long 5 month pre molt on me, most have been less than a few weeks.

Minty

@londontarantulas
Probably my AF Pterinochilus murinus. At the same time I received her, I also got a C.cyanepubescens, P.rufilata, C.fimbriatus, T.truculentus and B.kahlenbergi. I've also received two P.cambridgei slings as freebies.

StampFan

Arachnodemon
Agreed. How is yours doing?
Kinda feels like she (or I hope a she!) is bullet-proof. Great colours, great growth. Always out, never hiding, super-fast, great attacks on anything and everything, including filling the water dish....you?

dangerforceidle

Arachnoangel
Kinda feels like she (or I hope a she!) is bullet-proof. Great colours, great growth. Always out, never hiding, super-fast, great attacks on anything and everything, including filling the water dish....you?
Pretty much the same. I'm reasonably confident it's a female, but this most recent moult will hopefully be further confirmation. 'She' is going to need a rehouse soon.

One of my favourite spiders.

deano69

Arachnopeon
C. huahini
P. muticus
H. gigas

It's more WHO you buy from in the UK. For example, I've never had any freebies from The Spider Shop regardless of how much I've ordered. Tarantulas Bristol used to give away freebies fairly often when they were open.

Sellers on FB/smaller sites are more likely to dish out freebies than the larger vendors.
Agreed. Just received my ordered D. diamentinensis and a Scorp and received 1x A. geniculata, 1x N. chromatus, 1x G. Pulchripes and another scorpion, H. petersii as freebies.
Top marks to Creatures from the North.!

LailaQ

Arachnosquire
0.0.1 A. geniculata
0.0.2 Aphonopelma sp. Oaxaca
Hello! I know it’s been a while since you posted this, but do you still have your A. sp Oaxaca? If so, do you have any pics of it now? And what’s his/her temperament like? Thanks in advance!

korlash091

Arachnosquire
Hello! I know it’s been a while since you posted this, but do you still have your A. sp Oaxaca? If so, do you have any pics of it now? And what’s his/her temperament like? Thanks in advance!
Dont have any pics right now, but mine is a pet hole, rarely see it, but he/she is very calm when it's out.