Best unexpected freebie(s) you've ever received?

boina

Lady of the mites
I've bought so many spiders over the years but I can count the freebies I got on the fingers of one hand... :(. Giving feebies is not common around here. The best I got is probably a N. chromatus sling that grew into a very nice female :D. I may change my mind if the C. fimbriatus turns out female, but I asked for that one, so it doesn't count.

Dorifto

He who moists xD
I got a L2 C. sanderi when I bought my first T, a G. pulchra. The label was erased during the shipment so it was a mistery for me. When I openned the cap, she freaked out and jumped to my hand and started circling around like a lighting. It was a nice first experience with a T xD

cold blood

Staff member
I once bought a P. nigricolor sling...the very last one the breeder had....not only did it end up female, but i got a freebie P. vitatta that also ended up female.
Genics i got as freebies were nice, too...i had passed on them too many times in the past...it was nice to get 2 as freebies....in a trade no less.

weibkreux

Arachnoknight
Just this month:
- G. porteri, G. pulchripes, a couple of P. murinus slings and 3 mystery slings on a single transaction. Cheers to the guy for the generous freebies he gave me.

Other notable freebies: C. darlingi, HH 2i scorpion

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
I’ve definitely gotten my best freebies ordering mantids. Sometimes received double the order, or an extra species or two that I had expressed interest in at a different time.

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
Giving feebies is not common around here
It seems to be a lot more common in the US. I've mail ordered every invert I own, so I've gotten a lot of freebies. Some dealers let you pick from a list, some tell you you're getting one but don't tell you what it is, some don't even tell you they're sending them.

some other good freebies I've received:

Acanthoscurria brocklehursti
Brachypelma sabulosum
Dolichothele diamantinensis
Grammostola pulchripes
Nhandu coloratovillosus
Neochilobrachys sp. thailand
Phormingochilus carpenteri (x2)
Heteropoda sp. flores
Phoneutria boliviensis
Androctonus baluchicus
Buthus draa
Scolopendra alternans

Yeah, I'm bragging a little. So sue me.:smug:
( I know I'm breaking my own rule as I picked some of these myself, but other posters were already breaking it, so oh well)

Last edited:

Thys Paine

Arachnopeon
A friend of mine decided he didn’t want his adult Psalmopoeus cambridgei....

It’s the only freebie I’ve had but it’s a fascinating T

8LeggedLair

Arachnoknight
Quite strange, since you are from Germany, a nation with a pretty badass T's market history. In Europe to receive freebies is the rule :lock:
Yea, I always buy from the same place too
Idk unlucky as hell... or when I order they don’t have any over stock of whatever species :bucktooth:

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
As far as I can recall off the top of my head, I have chosen my freebies.

To add to this, back when I was collecting whatever species I could get my hands on, I was gifted a pair of P. murinus TCF by a friend.

But now my collection follows the PPT rule for the most part, don’t want to stray too far from that
Annnnd where are those TCF now?! I would kill for some. Lol

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
As far as I can recall off the top of my head, I have chosen my freebies.

Annnnd where are those TCF now?! I would kill for some. Lol
Sold them unfortunately, but Austin Spears is selling some I believe

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
A seller I deal with regularly tends to send me some nice freebies. The last two orders I've gotten a Brachypelma kahlenbergi, a Theraphosinae sp. Yucatan, and a Pamphobeteus sp. "cascada".

I once got a freebie 2i Pandinus imperator in addition to a 4" female because the seller forgot to send me the one I purchased in the first shipment. Now that's good service. ;)