Arboreals and screentops

Leila

Arachnobaron
I had a big "OMG" moment with one of my P. cams living in an Exo Terra.

He chewed through the wire mesh and escaped. :confused::eek:

Luckily, I noticed him on the carpet close by. Man...I felt so stupid. Needless to say, he is no longer housed in that enclosure, nor will any future Ts be.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
There are links where people have modded the Exo's lids. I suggest in doing it. My Avics have gotten caught on the screen at times, fixed that issue.

Michael Livote

Arachnosquire
Arachnosupporter
Gonna add my take on replacing a screen top here. Whilst not an Exo, the Zilla is a pretty popular enclosure as it's considerably cheaper whilst taking nothing away IMHO. Anyway, I modded the top two sections with a strong thin plastic that I cut out of some opaque file folders I found in a .99 cent store ;) I then (poorly...but strongly) hot glued the pieces in place. I then melted some holes for air circulation. It seems to work fine as I hit it up with a fan to see if airflow is good and it is at least as good as with the screen up there. Methinks maybe a pinning of this thread would be a good idea for folks with arboreals looking for some good ideas to help them chill out without falling to their deaths....just sayin' :)

Attachments

Last edited: