Araneomorph (True Spider) Picture Thread

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Well my female Dolomedes tenebrosus molted, and i found a mature male. So i tossed him in with her, and now she is holding a nice large sac.

Alokin

Arachnosquire

My geolycosa eating a lepidoptera.IT HAS WINGS...MY SPIDER HAS WINGS...nah just kidding all the naive ppl :D Anyway...if you wanna see a video...go to my forum thread Lycosidae?

Hanska

Arachnobaron
My geolycosa eating a lepidoptera.IT HAS WINGS...MY SPIDER HAS WINGS...nah just kidding all the naive ppl :D Anyway...if you wanna see a video...go to my forum thread Lycosidae?
Must be one of those flying spiders those scientists found. Don't laugh! It's true! It was in the internet!

Alokin

Arachnosquire
Must be one of those flying spiders those scientists found. Don't laugh! It's true! It was in the internet!
Yeahhhh...them rare...brah.. :D It got its wings just last night..it was like a butterfly...it SPROUTED WINGS... i gues when they eat a prey they absorb its POWER!!! :D NOT!!!!

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
I give my spiders moths all the time. they seem to love them more than any other prey item.

Shoulda seen my aphono eating a lined sphinx haha she went nuts

Also, because of their feeding habits, they're often the safest wild-caught prey you can offer.

Alokin

Arachnosquire
I give my spiders moths all the time. they seem to love them more than any other prey item.

Shoulda seen my aphono eating a lined sphinx haha she went nuts

Also, because of their feeding habits, they're often the safest wild-caught prey you can offer.
I dont fully agree i was really woried..becouse when the moth flew buy its lair...it jumped on it in mid air...and she fell from maybe 5 cm....i dont know....and i was woried for a abdomem injoury...i dont know if there is..any reason to fear it but..still was a little woried...now she seems fine.. :D But still :D

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Kukulcania sp. California sac pulled. They are ewls right now. Closeup shots coming soon.

---------- Post added 07-05-2014 at 06:28 PM ----------

Kukulcania sp. California ewl closeups

JohnDapiaoen

Arachnobro
Old Timer
Agelenid sp.

Steatoda nobilis

Kukulcania arizonica

Kukulcania sp. California

Left: Kukulcania arizonica; Right: Kukulcania sp. California

Left: Kukulcania sp. California; Right: Kukulcania arizonica

Last edited:

Hanska

Arachnobaron
1/3 of my summer -14 catch list.
Enoplognatha ovata

Abdomen detail. It seems the dark lines can expand as I swear this specimen had a clear black cross in there when I caught it.

Thanatus vulgaris sling 2-3mm LS. Adult color and marking already there, just kinda transparent.