Any New Additions?

Denn

Dipluridae Enthusiast
Old Timer
On another note, I just realized today that my Eratigena agrestis is actually just a large Tegenaria domestica but has very nice iridescent blue on the legs. Only noticing when she came out of her funnel to mate, she then had a nice dinner with her mate. Rip spider Chad.
T domestica is actually a really cool little spider! epic feeding responses, and as far as true spiders go, the females have a reasonable lifespan of 6-8 years in captivity.

ILVC

Arachnopeon
I picked up a G Pulchra female for Black Friday and it arrived today. Named her Loretta after Loretta Lynn. She is about 1 in and is my smallest T to date. Fingers crossed that Loretta, my tiny b hamorii I got for myself this year, Fancy (a Reba McEentire reference), and I have each other for decades. They're the first two T's Ive ever purchased younger than sub-adult.

Matt W

Arachnopeon
Got a little male 3" Chiricahua Grey (A. gabeli) a few days ago. (I've been practicing pronouncing Chur-a-KA-wa.) He's really pretty in an understated way. I just noticed today he's missing his left pedipalp. He's very pet rock like--mostly just sits in the pose in the photo below without moving--but also somehow also catches crickets while I'm not looking (and with one palp!) Hopefully the palp will grow back after a couple of molts, but given he's an aphon, it might be awhile. For being such a common wild spider (and the missing palp makes me suspect this guy was wild caught), it doesn't seem like there's a ton of info about these spiders.

1701467632594.png

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Got a little male 3" Chiricahua Grey (A. gabeli) a few days ago. (I've been practicing pronouncing Chur-a-KA-wa.) He's really pretty in an understated way. I just noticed today he's missing his left pedipalp. He's very pet rock like--mostly just sits in the pose in the photo below without moving--but also somehow also catches crickets while I'm not looking (and with one palp!) Hopefully the palp will grow back after a couple of molts, but given he's an aphon, it might be awhile. For being such a common wild spider (and the missing palp makes me suspect this guy was wild caught), it doesn't seem like there's a ton of info about these spiders.

View attachment 461937
Also commonly called the Carlsbad green tarantula - you might find more info searching for that. If you're just looking for care info, it's more or less identical to A. chalcodes. And yes, unfortunately the majority of North American Aphonopelma species in the hobby are wild caught - at least juveniles up to adults are, anyways. Because they are such slow growing T's, it takes too much time to breed them in captivity to make it a profitable endeavor, so if they're captively bred at all, it's for the love of the hobby and not for making money (with maybe a couple exceptions)...

Matt W

Arachnopeon
Tiny A. juruensis sling. This guy is very active and very intent on climbing the sides of the condiment cup I've got it in, but is really bad at gripping plastic right now. Immediately when I open the cup to drop a feeder in, it starts waving its little legs and trying to climb the sides, then falling back in. It must be able to sense the change in openness above it. The only way I could take a photo here is it caught a pinhead roach and is distracted.

1701532517907.png

lydia24

Arachnopeon
I recently got
A. avicularia juvi (Female)
C. versicolor sling
P. Regius juvi (Female)

And I plan to get another A. avic soon (this time a sling)!

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
Well.....it's that time of year.....so bought myself my own Christmas gifts as usual. Purchased tonight:

- Thrixopelma cyaneolum .5 inches

- Nhandu chromatus .25 inches

- Aphonopelma bicoloratum 1 inch

- Dolichothele rufoniger roughly 1/16 of an inch

- Freebie - Grammostola pulchripes .5 inches

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Today my Christmas gifts off my SO came 🥰😁

I welcome Shu my Theraphosidae sp Mandarin unsexed and about 1cm big.
20231212_111301(0).jpg
Straight in np 😊

And probably the tiniest t I have ever received Alcedo my Theraphosidae sp kingfisher unsexed sling maybe 2mm dls.
20231212_112103.jpg
This one was stubborn and did not want to get off the tissue, even having the cheek at their massive 2mm size to threat pose the giant biped that was disturbing them 🤣
Both are great and very active and I am very pleased to welcome them to the family 😊

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
This one was stubborn and did not want to get off the tissue, even having the cheek at their massive 2mm size to threat pose the giant biped that was disturbing them 🤣
Both are great and very active and I am very pleased to welcome them to the family 😊
Truly the tiniest of terrors, lol.

Spinnenfritzi

Arachnopeon
Today my Christmas gifts off my SO came 🥰😁
please keep us updated on those two.
i am very interested how they behave and look as they grow up.
I got myself a Theraphosidae sp. azul last order. I think these three species got into the hobby very recently and roughly at the same time.

gabrieldezzi

Arachnosquire
I think a family members buying me a gift card to FearNotTarantulas for Christmas, so hoping to get some new slings. Ceratogyrus darlingi and Neoholothele incei have been on my wishlist for a while. So let’s see!!

Garrod

Arachnopeon
A month ago, I purchased some new slings. I got two B. auratum as part of a long-term project, and I also couldn't resist getting a H. kolumbia since it really caught my eye.

x2 B. auratum
x1 H. kolumbia gross

IMG_5702.jpg

IMG_5701.jpg

Now I've purchased some more. This time, I added two G. pulchripes to my long-term project list, and also got H. pulripes as my first OW (Old World) tarantula. Surprisingly, the rehousing process was much easier than I had anticipated :happy:

x2 G. pulchripes
x1 H.pulchripes

IMG_5695.jpg IMG_5694.jpg IMG_5693.jpg

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Truly the tiniest of terrors, lol.
Yep 🤣 got a slight touch of little man syndrome 😂😂😂

please keep us updated on those two.
i am very interested how they behave and look as they grow up.
I got myself a Theraphosidae sp. azul last order. I think these three species got into the hobby very recently and roughly at the same time.
Will do 👍 I am interested to see myself the pictures look amazing but can't find anything on them apart from the shop pic so it will be interesting to see if they look like the shop says . I was looking at the azul they do look nice and they may be on my next order if the shop still has them . So far Shu has been shy choosing to stress pose rather then bolt about and Alcedo stands his ground when disturbed and strolles about like he has no care there is no caution or trying to blend or hide , but I have only had them today their attitudes may change once settled but am sure you'll see them on ab as they grow 😊

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
Update:
Picked up the slings from FedEx Depot this morning minus the A. bicoloratum. That is yet to be shipped by a different dealer.

The Thrixopelma cyaneolum is unresponsive. It appeared dehydrated. I had it upright in New enclosure. Minutes later I found it on it's back. I dripped a few water droplets on it's mouth. I believe it is molting. Keeping temps up high 70's to 80F.

Have to leave for work in 15 minutes. I have someone watching temps for me.

The breeder was made aware promptly. Hoping for the best when I come home tonight. I'm not nor would I give up on this sling. Nor I'm I looking for anything from the breeder. I knew the risk ordering in winter. Time will tell for this little guy. Hope to see that it completed it's molt tonight on return.

20231212_110525_copy_784x1612.jpg

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Update:
Picked up the slings from FedEx Depot this morning minus the A. bicoloratum. That is yet to be shipped by a different dealer.

The Thrixopelma cyaneolum is unresponsive. It appeared dehydrated. I had it upright in New enclosure. Minutes later I found it on it's back. I dripped a few water droplets on it's mouth. I believe it is molting. Keeping temps up high 70's to 80F.

Have to leave for work in 15 minutes. I have someone watching temps for me.

The breeder was made aware promptly. Hoping for the best when I come home tonight. I'm not nor would I give up on this sling. Nor I'm I looking for anything from the breeder. I knew the risk ordering in winter. Time will tell for this little guy. Hope to see that it completed it's molt tonight on return.

View attachment 462729
Got everything crossed for yous 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞