Any New Additions?

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
They came!

Neoholothele fasciaaurinigra 7cm juvenile female, Marigold, she didn't want to come out the travel tub I got slapped at for trying but she was happy to take a little snack after that long journey. 20231115_123158.jpg
Not the best pic but that flash of leg and teeth will have to do me for now, I am sure she will give me a better pic soon 😊

Avicularia minatrix 1.5 cm sling Ginger came straight out wandering round doing that super cute baby avic stroll. 20231115_122309.jpg
Difficult to get pics of this little one we did not want to sit still 😆

Davus sp panama sling Opal this poor little one came to me tiny and infested. I have already started taking measures to try and get rid of her visitors and separated her from the rest of my collection. 20231115_144920.jpg 20231115_121013.jpg
Poor thing is about 1cm n more mite then mouth but I am hopeful she will recover.

Welcome to the family little ones.

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
I got a shipment today, although I was supposed to get it yesterday - thanks Fedex! Anyways, they were packed really well and all still happy and healthy...

0.0.1 Theraphosinae sp. cuzco
PB150013.JPG

0.0.1 Davus sp. Colombia
PB150010.JPG

0.0.2 Augacephalus breyeri
PB150019.JPG
PB150024.JPG

0.0.1 Ornithoctoninae sp. viridis
PB150026.JPG
PB150030.JPG

0.0.3 Theraphosinae sp. dorado
PB150040.JPG
PB150033.JPG
PB150045.JPG

0.0.1 Pamphobeteus ultramarinus
PB150005.JPG

I had good self control this time, so that's all I got. 😄

SpookySpooder

"embiggened"
Arachnosupporter
I got a shipment today, although I was supposed to get it yesterday - thanks Fedex! Anyways, they were packed really well and all still happy and healthy...

0.0.1 Theraphosinae sp. cuzco
View attachment 460669

0.0.1 Davus sp. Colombia
View attachment 460670

0.0.2 Augacephalus breyeri
View attachment 460671
View attachment 460672

0.0.1 Ornithoctoninae sp. viridis
View attachment 460673
View attachment 460674

0.0.3 Theraphosinae sp. dorado
View attachment 460675
View attachment 460676
View attachment 460677

0.0.1 Pamphobeteus ultramarinus
View attachment 460679

I had good self control this time, so that's all I got. 😄
Virdis!!

"Self control" 😆

Wenzer

Arachnosquire
Got my slings today! Although I wasn't quite expecting my 0.5" N. incei slings to be 1.5 to 2.25 inches 😅 not complaining, just thought it was funny when I was unwrapping the paper towels and this big guy came shooting out!

Here's a bad pic of the largest one. That's the 5.5 oz cup I had set up for him, crazy little livewire spider so I had to contain him while I set up something bigger 😂

20231115_163416.jpg

Already webbed up a bit of the lid in the ~30 minutes while I was doing that, I feel like I'm going to enjoy this species a lot LOL.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Got 3 additions Acanthoscurria geniculata , nhandu chromatus , nhandu carapoensis. . First slings this size I’ve got in a long time 5-7 years or so. .25-.5” around. Third one was hiding no pic right now . IMG_4905.jpeg IMG_4904.jpeg IMG_4906.jpeg

Last edited:

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Got 3 additions Acanthoscurria geniculata , nhandu chromatus , nhandu carapoensis. . First slings this size I’ve got in a long time 5-7 years or so. .25-.5” around. Third one was hiding no pic right now . View attachment 460710 View attachment 460711 View attachment 460712
First All hail 🙌

Second yay Nhandu! I never see anyone getting these but they are one of my favourite genus, caraponensis being my favourite of them all, their digging puts Grammostola pulchra to shame and the blue and red they get as sub adults is amazing no one told me they were metallic blue when the light hits them . Truly gorgeous and amazing species. Congratulations on all 3 😊 great choices!

zsiciarz

Arachnosquire
I traded my mature male Augacephalus ezendami for a female (fingers crossed) of the same species. She's at least as pretty as the other guy was.

While at the shop, I got myself another old world species.

SpookySpooder

"embiggened"
Arachnosupporter

nolyroly

Arachnopeon
Just received an h. devamatha sling in the mail. Worried I might have made its substrate too damp. But it seems to be adjusting well, it already built a turret in the corner.

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
Got 3 additions Acanthoscurria geniculata , nhandu chromatus , nhandu carapoensis. . First slings this size I’ve got in a long time 5-7 years or so. .25-.5” around. Third one was hiding no pic right now .
All hail! 🙌

I have no experience with the other two, so I’ll just back away now.

Spinnenfritzi

Arachnopeon
They are here! Sp azul and A. mesomelas
Are healthy and Well ❤❤❤
Azul is soo small.. like an ant
Mesomelas sling was cute and curious from the start it is adorable beyond words ...

Aaand there is a freebie ....
A species i dont know anything about...
Serizopelma sp chiriqui

Denn

Dipluridae Enthusiast
Old Timer
Just got home with this little beauty..... Davus pentaloris. Going through a bit of a dwarf T phase it seems! Probably going to take the plunge and get a few panama soon, we shall see.

IMG_3757.jpg

Wenzer

Arachnosquire
The second half of my big order arrived today and I am very, very happy altogether!! I will not be getting any new Ts for a long time though 😅 this will put me up to about 70 spiders altogether, majority being slings. I definitely went a little overboard but I know I have the time and means to care for them & have gained a lot of knowledge this past year so I feel prepared.
I am also expecting to receive admonishment from the more seasoned keepers about getting ahead of myself as a still very fresh keeper of barely 1 year, and ready to accept that criticism. I really should have waited much longer between acquiring multiple new (to me) species. I will do my best by them, that is promised!

Anyways, last part of my big spending was for the following:

0.0.2 Nhandu tripepii
0.0.2 Cyriopagopus sp. Hati Hati
0.0.2 Augacephalus ezendami
1.0.0 Davus pentaloris (immature male, because in the distant future this species is what I'd like to attempt to breed as my first breeding experience. But being a young one it will give me more time to focus on these new species I'm keeping as well as make sure I am as prepared as possible to attempt breeding!)

And a mystery package that included:
0.1.0 Phormictopus cancerides (looks like maybe 4+ inches!)
0.1.0 Tliltocatl albopilosus
0.0.2 Nhandu chromatus
0.0.1 Nhandu coloratovillosus
0.0.1 Grammastola pulchripes
0.0.1 Stromatopelma calceatum
0.0.1 Pterinochilus chordatus

(Edit to prevent double posting)
Just got home with this little beauty..... Davus pentaloris. Going through a bit of a dwarf T phase it seems! Probably going to take the plunge and get a few panama soon, we shall see.

IMG_3757.jpg
Dwarf species are my favorites!! I think you'll like pentaloris, mine are very often visible when not molting, and bold personality for my 2 females :) panama is also on my wishlist haha!