Any New Additions?

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
Went to a reptile convention and decided to give it another go. Until properly named, we are calling this wee one, Teeny Tiny, after Tiny, (RIP). Ephebopus murinus
DB92195D-1930-4F0B-83DC-306273DDAD01.jpeg

SupremeBananus

Arachnopeon
Really happy with this new group from Spider Shoppe.

Chilobrachys huahini
Chilobrachys fimbriatus
Cyriopagopus sp. Hati Hati
Lasiodora striatipes
Nhandu tripepii
Omothymus violaceopes
Ornithoctinae sp. Vietnam Silver
Pterinochilus chordatus
Pterinochilus lugardi
Pterinochilus murinus DCF

soider.jpg

fq314

Arachnosquire
Got a GBB sling/juvenile recently and have a L. Parahybana sling ordered and on the way

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Added some today...

0.0.1 Neoholothele incei (1.5" DLS):
P6250008.JPG

0.0.3 Poecilotheria striata (1.75" DLS):
P6250017.JPG

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
My son named it Aurum, which I believe translates to "gold" in Latin (?). I thought it fit well, so I went with it!
Your little boy comes up with the best names, I had a feeling he would have already named them with amazingly cool names but I couldn't help myself 😆

Hi all
Its been a while since I bought myself any slings but couldn't resist when I saw some slings Neishnocolus sp Panama on a very good deal and pulled the trigger buying 5 of them.They are microscopic as expected and completely disappeared in seconds in their 1 oz pot new homes.
20201007_180614.jpg
The pic is actually sling from my previous batch of those that I raised but enclosures are identical and spider size is similar with 2 being smaller than pictured.Hopefully they will go from strength to strength with me.
Also because I got those I ordered 3 D diamantinensis slings to utilise better the small feeders I will be getting in .lol
Fingers crossed they all end up males.
Regards Konstantin

Last edited:

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
Just recieved 3 more Megaphobema sp.white.makes a total of 7 so far. I guess im officially a "hoarder. DSCN1948.JPG

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
Got any pictures of juveniles or adults? Any idea where they're originally from (country even?)?
From the little i can gather,Colombia is country of origin,and recent imports.I have pictures in the Megaphobema gallery under media,so i wont post a bunch here on this thread.

World Spider Catalog : NMBE shows nothing on them.It would not surprise me if they get moved to a different genus in the future.They are very similar to M. velvetosma.Could be color variation or subspecies of velvvetosma.

campj

Captive bread
Old Timer
I got hella lucky. Traded a female T insignis and T trunculentens for it 😬
P. insignis and E. truculentus females? Kind of a stiff trade lol, those are two pretty pricey spiders. More available than what you got though, that thing is cool. Congrats.

campj

Captive bread
Old Timer
P. insignis and E. truculentus females? Kind of a stiff trade lol, those are two pretty pricey spiders. More available than what you got though, that thing is cool. Congrats.
Nm, got my truculentus mixed up lol. Unsure why I'm not able to edit my comment.

MariaLewisia

Arachnoknight
Said I wouldn't get any more tarantulas this summer but this was too good to pass up: two Citharacanthus cyaneus subadult female. They are at least one or two moults ahead of my male so this couldn't be more perfect. The picture doesn't give their colours any justice whatsoever - those legs are a vibrant purple.

20230704_191111.jpg