Any New Additions?

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
0.1 Phormingochilus pennellhewlettorum joins the menagerie today.
From zero.....
20230718_083415.jpg

To one hundred real quick.
20230718_083453.jpg

20230718_083627.jpg
Hopefully she'll settle in quickly and one of the males will mature within the next few months.

curtisgiganteus

ArachnoViking, Conqueror of Poikilos and Therion
Old Timer
0.1 Ornithoctoninae sp Ho Chi Minh (Most defensive T ever)
0.0.2 Cyriopagopus sp Bach Ma
0.0.2 Poecilotheria sp Highland

IMG_0770.jpeg IMG_0771.jpeg

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
3 Tiny little thrixopelma ockerti came yesterday 20230718_124320.jpg 20230718_124256.jpg 20230718_124236.jpg
Non have names yet trying to think of a good trio name as I already have Lock Shock n Barrel and the 3 amigos, but still names or not welcome to the family little ones 😊

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
I just got my first one of this species! It was supposed to be an inch but was sized pretty generously, and kicks hair more than any other I've had so far. Spicy little cutie!
So far mine have been more bolty then anything but I have only had them a day I am sure once they settle and make home they will be just as flicky 😆 I am hoping they will have some spice to them, I have a thrixopelma pruriens and she's nuts, I really enjoy her I am hoping these will be similar seen as they belong to the same genus 🤞

sparticus

Arachnoknight
So far mine have been more bolty then anything but I have only had them a day I am sure once they settle and make home they will be just as flicky 😆 I am hoping they will have some spice to them, I have a thrixopelma pruriens and she's nuts, I really enjoy her I am hoping these will be similar seen as they belong to the same genus 🤞
Mine walked out of the shipping vial into its new home, stopped, and immediately kicked hairs at me. :lol: Not even enough time to get the lid all the way on. I was expecting closer to the size of yours, and it's already closer to 2 inches, I think. I have a T. Longicolli that is a lot of fun, too and has always been a crazy hunter. Seems like a really fun genus.

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Mine walked out of the shipping vial into its new home, stopped, and immediately kicked hairs at me. :lol: Not even enough time to get the lid all the way on. I was expecting closer to the size of yours, and it's already closer to 2 inches, I think. I have a T. Longicolli that is a lot of fun, too and has always been a crazy hunter. Seems like a really fun genus.
Agreed, been looking out for the thrixopelma genus but they don't seem to come up often here only found the purines and ockerti so far. I did find lagunas a while bk but seller wanted more then I was willing to pay for an unsexed sling at the time, kicking myself now though 😆 should of got them.

Cmac2111

Arachnomac
Arachnosupporter
Picked up this juvenile brachypelma klaasi, stunner of a spider. Also just recently purchased a subadult female crypsidromus sp costa rica, can't wait for her to arrive!

image_50741249.JPG

I always find it interesting to hear how wild some thrixopelma species are, the only one I have is t. cyaneolum and its insanely placid!

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Picked up this juvenile brachypelma klaasi, stunner of a spider. Also just recently purchased a subadult female crypsidromus sp costa rica, can't wait for her to arrive!

View attachment 450538

I always find it interesting to hear how wild some thrixopelma species are, the only one I have is t. cyaneolum and its insanely placid!
She's gorgeous congratulations 😊

It is interesting how some are wild and some more placid tbh I noticed a difference in my 3 ockerti today when I fed them 2 jumped on the meal worms before they touched the sub then dragging the worms round the enclosure like a prize, but one bolted and tried to hide in the moss despite it having the smallest abdomen. I assume like all t species you get some really chilled and some total nuts... just seems to be more nuts then chilled when it comes to thrixopelma 😆

YellowBrickRoad

☆Klaasified☆
Arachnosupporter +
Looks real to me after a brief inspection. I circled the white metatarsal stripes. A few other things I notice as well, but I'm not going to type everything. Ugh, plus now my boehmei is gone..talk about timing. I need one of the Mexican import boehmei.

Brachypelma baumgarteni 5in Female
Natural light
20230720_105820.jpg

20230720_105706.jpg

20230720_095027.jpg

20230720_110906.jpg
Flash
20230720_110824.jpg

Okay. Well, have a good day.

TechnoGeek

Arachnosquire
20230721_115322-01.jpeg

T vagans sling acquired today as a freebie.

I'll let it molt in this vial and then move it to a tupperware container

curtisgiganteus

ArachnoViking, Conqueror of Poikilos and Therion
Old Timer
Did it again lol

0.1.0 Aphonopelma mooreae
0.1.0 Chilobrachys andersoni “Dark”
0.1.0 Cyriopagopus hainanus
0.1.0 Cyriopagopus longipes
0.0.5 Cyriopagopus schmidti “Gold”
0.0.5 Lampropelma carpenteri
0.0.3 Orphnaecus sp Orange Leg
1.1.1 Ornithoctoninae sp Hon Sej
0.0.1 Ornithoctoninae sp Jaroslava
0.1.0 Ornithoctoninae sp Phan Cay
0.0.3 Phormingochilus pennelhewlettorum
0.0.2 Phormingochilus sp Sabah Red
0.0.1 Sahydroaraneus raja (sus female)

DaveOB

Arachnopeon
I wasn't planning on buying any more T's (yeah, right :rolleyes:), but I saw a dealer's photos of Phormictopus sp. 'Bayahibe', and since they were offering a 10% discount to British Tarantula Society members it would've been rude not to get some! Two slings (about 25mm DLS) duly arrived yesterday, and were safely housed. I offered them a cricket each today and the feeding response was insane! One leapt at the cricket almost like a jumping spider. I'm looking forward to seeing these grow and the colours develop.

jennywallace

Arachnopeon
Just had 0.0.2 Grammostola rosea arrived. I haven't had this species for a few years since I lost my old adult female, so fancied getting some.

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
New tiny ones came 2 tiny Homoeomma chilense, Seraphina and Vesta welcome to our family little ones can't believe your actually here 😆 20230728_155105.jpg 20230728_155148.jpg

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Aww, my little A. purpurea sling is named Seraphina! Great names. :happy: They're adorable.
Aww thats so cool n thanks 😊 I chose fire names seen as the common name is flame butt , Seraphina is the Hebrew spirit of fire, and Vesta is the Roman goddess of the harth according to Google anyways 😆