A video found in the ned

danread

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Parabuthus, my comments weren't aimed at you in particular, just those complaining as if there is an ethical problem with the video. As i said, i don't particuarly approve of the video, nor would i do it myself, but remember, the worth we place on the inverts we keep at pets is all relative. Some people keep cockroaches as pets, and wouldn't approve of using them as feeders. I wouldn't particuarly like it if someone was using centipedes as feeders for tarantulas, but at the same time i have to recognise i don't have any ethical basis in which to complain about it, as i use roaches, mealworms and crickets as feeders for the perdatory inverts that i have have chosen to keep. As long as the spider wasn't a rare species, there is no difference between feeding that or a roach to a pede.

One thing i can completely agree with you is that it's some of the worst editing i've ever seen on a video :D

Cheers,

parabuthus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I definitely see your point. I just think that video was made for the wrong reasons, and made poorly at that.

franco

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
C. the music is annoying as hell and totally inappropriate..
{D i agree! btw, what spider is that?! that's very common here in the philippines! you can see it everywhere and anywhere most especially on lamp posts

kalayaan,
franco

Tony

Arachno-pragmatarian
Old Timer
Can someone balance it out and toss a 6" pede into a big nephila web?
Now that would be a video, so long as its not done by a 13 yr old with some new editing software:wall:
OUCH

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
franco said:
{D i agree! btw, what spider is that?! that's very common here in the philippines! you can see it everywhere and anywhere most especially on lamp posts

kalayaan,
franco
Nephila clavipes, maybe?

i was going to comment those are very common in a lot of areas, but there really isn't any point =P

king7

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
the video would be cool if it wasnt for the crap editing:eek:

really crap editing......

Scolopeon

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
What confused me was the spider was being eaten at the start, then it gets loose and then it forwards to a shot of a dead pede with an alive spider?

Unless the pede was resting in a dead manner I don't know.

Still some of the nephila webs are strong enough to hold birds and mice etc...

Even the weight of a person (I read that somewhere).

I was left feeling empty, and the editing made me uncomfortable.

crashergs

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i feel like punching that dude in the face or maybe yet, shoving that pede in his pants

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
crashergs said:
i feel like punching that dude in the face or maybe yet, shoving that pede in his pants
i wouldn't get too worked up

odds are dude just grabbed the spider from a tree outside his house :)

i certainly wouldn't have wasted it like that... but it's not *that* huge a sin in my book :)

and coming from a person who almost had a pede make it down his pants... that's pretty good punishment cuz i was VERY scared! heh

Ecilious

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
So to sum up, killing ugly things is okay, but if it looks pretty then it's wrong.

parabuthus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I am not too bothered by it now. It's just poorly made IMO and a bit of a waste.

LukeC

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
What was the point in that video, I mean I had no idea what was going on, one point the spider was runing around, then the next it was being eaten, then the next it was runing around, I mean what the f**** was that about, also a really crap video. My rats could do better.