A video found in the ned

Black Hawk

Arachnolord
Old Timer
that's pretty weird it looks like they were both captive inverts too which isn't that cool since that orbie was awsome looking. the just recycled alot of the clips over and over it seemed like. interesting prey item tho and it's a cool pede:)

xgrafcorex

Thread Killer
Old Timer
interesting..but the video editing was fine in the beginning..thought it was going back and forth for a bit then was gonna just show the two together then BAM pede gets it..but it just kept jumping around, and it started to hurt my head a little..and began wondering how much longer was left heh.

-karim-

Arachnopeon
hi !!
good video androctonus! but that species the escolopendra is? I do not know it...:?

TarantuChimp

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Why why why why

and um....WHY!!!

No respect thats sicker than Fox Hunting....

bengerno

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Both animals are nice. But If this is a video clip..... it's very poor and disturbing how it was cut. ;)

Androctonus_bic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
-karim- said:
hi !!
good video androctonus! but that species the escolopendra is? I do not know it...:?
TMO it is a jamaican subspinipes, but I'm not sure... LS will sentence!!!

Cheers Carles

TarantuChimp

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
No debate here
feed what you like when you like.....my friend

the whole feeding debate has been done a death, I feed mice to my frog so i am no better, I just dont understand why WOULD you feed such a nice animal to another?? that is the point I dont get.

Androctonus_bic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Just love for the this animals. For some people spiders are food and for another ones, spiders are pets. For me are both.

Jmadson13

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hmm, really interesting video. I wouldn't fathom feeding a magnificent orb weaver to a centipede though.

parabuthus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
People thought that was interesting?

I think it is a load of crap. Such a beautiful looking spider, what a waste...

What really got me, apart from the shoddy music and lame transitions, was the fact that you could clearly see that the spider was simply tossed into the pede's enclosure. It was trying to escape up the side of the set-up and the commotion alerted the pede... easy meal. No contest.

These two, as far as I know, just wouldn't meet and battle. The spider has been taken out of it's element completely and tossed into the home of a much larger creature.

Pointless.

Feed it something else. If you want to see a fight (juvenile), put something in that will put up a fight. Not a spider like that...

Scorp guy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
k, that video is crap CRAP! the quality was crap and the fight was crap. also, that was an awsome spider, why waste it on a pede and take a chance of ur pede dying? if you ask me, that guys pretty dumb.

crashergs

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
eh?

was this video from a research study on obsessive compulsive disorder? if so, it tought me alot about OCD

danread

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Whilst i personally find it a shame to feed such a nice spider to a pede, lets not all get on our high horse over this. Really, what is the difference in feeding a big spider like that to a centipede, and a cricket or a grasshopper that you found outside? As long as the spider isn't a rare species i can't see any ethical problems with doing this.

Like i said though, personally i wouldn't do this, as i find spiders fascinating, but each to theri own...

Cheers,

TarantuChimp

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
parabuthus said:
People thought that was interesting?

I think it is a load of crap. Such a beautiful looking spider, what a waste...

What really got me, apart from the shoddy music and lame transitions, was the fact that you could clearly see that the spider was simply tossed into the pede's enclosure. It was trying to escape up the side of the set-up and the commotion alerted the pede... easy meal. No contest.

These two, as far as I know, just wouldn't meet and battle. The spider has been taken out of it's element completely and tossed into the home of a much larger creature.

Pointless.

Feed it something else. If you want to see a fight (juvenile), put something in that will put up a fight. Not a spider like that...

I completly agree with you, the interesting bit was how some people found that entertaining, <edit> sake, sometimes this board amaze me....your ment to have some <edit> sence.

Last edited by a moderator:

parabuthus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
danread said:
Whilst i personally find it a shame to feed such a nice spider to a pede, lets not all get on our high horse over this. Really, what is the difference in feeding a big spider like that to a centipede, and a cricket or a grasshopper that you found outside? As long as the spider isn't a rare species i can't see any ethical problems with doing this.

Like i said though, personally i wouldn't do this, as i find spiders fascinating, but each to theri own...

Cheers,

I am not getting on a high horse mate...

A. the video is poorly made, silly transitions don't cut it for me

B. it has no educational value whatsoever (lets toss a spider half the size of a pede into the pede's enclosure to SEE what happens, not primarily to feed the pede, lets not kid ourselves here... GREAT IDEA!

C. the music is annoying as hell and totally inappropriate.. :D

D. the spider is a beautiful specimen, such a waste

If people want to do this kind of thing it is their perrogative, but I don't have to like it and I am entitled to my opinion that the video is a piece of trash. Hence I will comment on it when it hits a public enthusiasts forum...

That all said, people will do what they want. I am just making an observation and commenting... stroll on.