a few of my T's

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Lol well i just use a paintbrush to coax them onto my hand. Then i take my other hand and cup overtop of them. That way they cant go anywhere, and sit still. Then i slowly remove my hand, and take a pic. :)

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
If I try to prod my violaceus she freaks out! I had to move her out of the way yesterday to clean and refill her waterdish - the silly girl raced around her enclosure nearly for a minute! Up, down, left, right, doing rounds...I always feel bad if I didn't wait for her to move somewhere else :)

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Yeah thats understandable lol. I usually just corral them where i want them to go. With a species that doesnt have bad venom, and isnt bitey, i will use my hands once and a while.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yeah thats understandable lol. I usually just corral them where i want them to go. With a species that doesnt have bad venom, and isnt bitey, i will use my hands once and a while.
Is he a man, a myth or a legend?-- Catfish: 21st Century Tarantula Tamer , coming to the Discovery Channel!

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Adult female Stromatopelma calceatum. Pictures do not at all do her justice.

With flash

Without flash

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Very interesting - never seen a pic yet of these- great that you posted with and without flash!

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
You havent? What the heck! Your welcome man. They are such an awesome species. One of my younger girls is throwing a hissy fit at this stage in life. But i hope she plays nice with the mature male i have lined up!
Very interesting - never seen a pic yet of these- great that you posted with and without flash!

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Monocentropus balfouri and babies

Cyriocosmus bertae acting scared

Heterothele gabonensis 4 different spiders (bad shots)

Idiothele mira adult female

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
How were you ever able to handle it? I've seen videos and they are so fast, granted those were feeding videos too.

Blue Jaye

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
How long do you let the balfouri babies stay with the mom and how many babies are there usually?

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Well this is actually my first time letting them stay with the mom. Last time i pulled the sac, and seperated the babies. But ill probably let them go communal for a long time. I might pull a few out here and there to sell or trade, but mostly keep them in there. The first sac was 43, and this sac looks to be between 45 and 50.
How long do you let the balfouri babies stay with the mom and how many babies are there usually?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Heterothele gabonensis might be going on my Want List. Those are pretty, I like the leg bands. They sure are small. Like E sp Yellow. Time for more research!

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
They are very fast and skittish, but calm down a little bit once out of their element. They still get pretty speedy, but i cup my hand over it for a few seconds, and once it holds still i remove my hand and grab the camera.
How were you ever able to handle it? I've seen videos and they are so fast, granted those were feeding videos too.